PHOTOS - Take a tour through the Royal Sommerhus at Epcot's Norway Pavilion

WDWFREAK53

The Royal Sommerhus has been talked about in the overall Norway thread, but it is probably useful to have a separate thread for this one for any further discussion.

Here is a photo tour:
http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions...royal-sommerhus-at-epcots-norway-pavilion.htm

The sommerhus looks great...although I will admit that I'm a little disappointed in the "backdrop" for Anna and Elsa. I love what they did with Olaf and Chewie/Kylo, and Mickey and Minnie over at the Studios but this seems a little boring (although it's much better than Princess Fairytale Hall). I really like the look of the Wandering Reindeer as well :)

(EDIT: I think I would've liked to have seen something "Frozen" on the Elsa side...maybe icicles or something to show that she has powers (aside from the snowflake rug))

Animaniac93-98

I'm most impressed with the interior of Wandering Reindeer. I wasn't expecting the ceiling to be so high, or for it to have the extra details.

Is there any "special" (ie collectible) merchandise in the store, or is it the usual mix of plush, tees and dolls?

jmmc

It all looks very nice. I'm still not convinced that those characters should be there, but they've got a great looking place to "live."

Bocabear

Much like Princess Fairytale Hall, the spaces are nice but really lack the magic that Disney was known for...YES, Anna's backdrop should have been more amazing...both of them should be... take a little more space and give the backdrops some depth...
The outer queue and Wandering Reindeer are beautiful and appropriate for the Norway pavilion, but it seems like WDI's interior department went to the Marriott Hospitality School of Design... it is boring and just looks like a hotel pre function space... If you are going to meet any Disney Princess....shouldn't it be crazy amazing?? Shouldn't it be absolutely magical? Every detail...every bit...instead of... hm...looks "nice"... Just think they can do MUCH better... If they are going to shove character meet and greets in everyones faces, it might as well be really amazing...

Bocabear

Were you expecting something like Enchnted Tales with Belle, where there are AAs & special effects?
not necessarily... I don't think they need animatronics, but the backdrops could use some depth...that was the thing the original imagineers did so well...they created a dramatic sense of depth and space in very small spaces. which helped suspend the reality of where you were and transported you someplace else. Enchanted Tales with Belle, aside from the Mirror room, suffers from the same thing... You are transported to an Enchanted Castle...which looks just like a hotel pre-function space aside from the AAs... Again looks more like hospitality interior design rather than a transportive set design...

DisneyWorld30th

I don't want to spoil the magic but can you tell how many Anna & Elsa rooms are there? I am only asking for capacity and speed of getting guests through the line. And how many were at the MK Meet and Greet?

WDWLover#1

I don't want to spoil the magic but can you tell how many Anna & Elsa rooms are there? I am only asking for capacity and speed of getting guests through the line. And how many were at the MK Meet and Greet?
My guess is that if you watch the video, you can see other doors apart from the one you go into. Count the other doors.

tirian

It looks beautiful, but I can't believe there's no fastpass+??? What were they thinking???
That's the point—they were thinking. :)

FP+ destroys high-capacity attractions and meet and greets. Disney knows this, and it's the reason legacy FP was removed from POTC and HM in California, and HM in Florida, in the early 2000s. It's also why Midway Mania doesn't have FP in DCA.

The FP+ queues were added to Florida's POTC and HM to increase MyMagic options, not because the attractions actually needed FP.

Although some fans wish FP were gone altogether, it benefits Guests for rides with mediocre capacity; but it's unnecessary for people-eating attractions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom