PHOTOS - Starbucks Marketplace concept art and construction pictures

WDWDad13

I just hope it doesn't add to the people clutter around the World of Disney. Hopefully the big spread out Disney Springs layout will solve it

willtravel

Far nicer look than the monstrosity on the West Side. Smaller is better anyway.
Ok, good. I thought it was just me and thinking it was a big building. I wonder why the West Side is so big. At least from picture. I think I am Starbucks out..........at WDW.

bebert

This is great and all but, unless you are willing to wait in line for up to 30 minutes in MK for a Starbucks you are out of luck. It was packed all day each time I was in MK during Thanksgiving. EPCOT is very easy to get in due to the location I think, Mainstreet is great for traffic but the line was always too long for me, even after the fireworks at 10:00.

longsaber

Fits in with the surroundings great. Are all these new Starbucks locations basically Disney owned franchises or is there some sort of profit sharing?

Rob562

I just hope it doesn't add to the people clutter around the World of Disney. Hopefully the big spread out Disney Springs layout will solve it

Looks like it's going into a little "alcove" of the World of Disney building that wasn't really used or got much of any foot-traffic other than people standing in the shade of the building itself.

-Rob

ABQ

Well at least, from what you can see over the wall, it does look like the artist's rendition. Which is tasteful. However, I hope the Disney Springs location fails to achieve this and looks nothing like its cold, stale, tasteless, rendition.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Well at least, from what you can see over the wall, it does look like the artist's rendition. Which is tasteful. However, I hope the Disney Springs location fails to achieve this and looks nothing like its cold, stale, tasteless, rendition.
The West Side Starbucks is right on track to look exactly like the concept art. That is the look they are going for in the West Side.

TP2000

I assume the larger West Side location will be a Starbucks Reserve facility?

Reserve is their flagship line of large stores, where they offer their Reserve blends of coffee in beans and in beverages, and where they do their proprietary Clover brewing system for an upcharge fee over their regular prices. And the employees in a Reserve flagship store receive extra training and most are master baristas instead of just regular baristas or apprentices.

The big Downtown Disney location at Disneyland turned out beautifully last month, with that industrial chic vibe they also seem to be going with for the West Side location.
Starbucks-Downtown-Disney-2.jpg

Downtown-Disney-Disneyland-Resort-Starbucks-3.jpg

Although, in their opening party interviews with the media and bloggers, Starbucks executives pointed out that the wood paneling throughout the store was repurposed from old railroad boxcars, and since Walt Disney loved trains and his Disneyland Railroad is just steps away from this Downtown Disney location, that means it all fits somehow. The wood paneling is nice, but let's not go too overboard trying to tie a modern Starbucks with Walt Disney, shall we kids? :rolleyes:

I have to assume the West Side Starbucks at WDW will also be a Reserve store. Anyone heard for sure?

Last edited:

Steel City Magic

I assume the larger West Side location will be a Starbucks Reserve facility?

Reserve is their flagship line of large stores, where they offer their Reserve blends of coffee in beans and in beverages, and where they do their proprietary Clover brewing system for an upcharge fee over their regular prices. And the employees in a Reserve flagship store receive extra training and most are master baristas instead of just regular baristas or apprentices.

o so you mean that this starbucks will actually have a barista? seeing as a starbucks master barista may almost be on par with a real baristas apprentice lol.
Place looks great in those images though!

TP2000

o so you mean that this starbucks will actually have a barista? seeing as a starbucks master barista may almost be on par with a real baristas apprentice lol.
Place looks great in those images though!

I'm aware of the Barista Wars. Personally, I'm partial to Stumptown Coffee in Portland and Seattle when I want really good coffee and beans. But Starbucks is a great option when you are just out running errands or dashing through the airport.

On my recent visits to this new Downtown Disney location, all the baristas had the "Master Barista" apron on and every employee I spoke with was noticeably high caliber and very knowledgeable about the Reserve and Clover products and services. Starbucks spent a fortune on this new Anaheim location, and they appear to have staffed it with their best and brightest. It seems to have worked since the place is slammed day and night already.

Unlike the locations inside the parks staffed by CM's and managed by Disney supervisors, these new Downtown Disney locations are owned and operated by Starbucks outright.

I'd bet a Grande Mocha that the West Side location will also be the flagship Starbucks Reserve line of big fancy stores.

jt04

The West Side Starbucks is right on track to look exactly like the concept art. That is the look they are going for in the West Side.

Something similar in style is opening soon or has opened at the new Orlando Eye. The level of competition seems to be raising the bar again. Citywalk is even adding more venues.

psherman42

Looks like it's going into a little "alcove" of the World of Disney building that wasn't really used or got much of any foot-traffic other than people standing in the shade of the building itself.

-Rob
I used to work at WOD and yeah, the area between the door in the Princess room and the other one went inward and if anyone was there, it was just people standing but never much. I don't think the Starbucks will do much for the traffic.

Does anyone know when these are expected to open? I'm assuming the West Side one will be first since construction began first but I guess I could be wrong..

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I used to work at WOD and yeah, the area between the door in the Princess room and the other one went inward and if anyone was there, it was just people standing but never much. I don't think the Starbucks will do much for the traffic.

Does anyone know when these are expected to open? I'm assuming the West Side one will be first since construction began first but I guess I could be wrong..
Both are listed as Spring 2014

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom