1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Photos, photos, photos! Coming soon to your favorite attractions!

Discussion in 'WDW Parks News, Rumors and Current Events' started by TheVisionarySoul, Dec 26, 2013.

1. TheVisionarySoul

TheVisionarySoul Well-Known Member

Just a heads up, I received word that the budget was finally approved to install cameras at Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Caribbean, and Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. The photo buying areas will go into the Pirates Exit Gift Shop, The Briar Patch Store, and the Yankee Trader gift shop (which will be completely re-themed into a Haunted Mansion store). Mansion is first on the list.

The following part of the post is just rumor...

From what I've heard, the mansion's photo will be taken with the hitchhiking ghosts, pirates will be during the drop, and Thunder Mountain is supposedly getting the photo twice... once on that never-ending turn, and once in the old earthquake scene. Not sure how that last one will work, but if history is any indicator, 1 will probably get budgeted out. Ha ha.
    cw1982, KathyJetson, afarese and 11 others like this.
  2. dreamfinder

dreamfinder Well-Known Member

I thought a few CMs had reported already participating in HM on ride photo testing. Hrm.

Any reported timetable for this install? (It makes them money so odds are it will be done by NYE)
    cw1982, bethymouse and Jakester like this.
  3. TheVisionarySoul

The testing was done with a temporary camera system to see if the effect worked. It did. This is the installation of the permanent one. And sorry, no word on a timetable for the install, but I would expect them to finish by the end of next year at the latest.
  4. Buried20KLeague

Buried20KLeague Premium Member

I don't mind this. The HHG one could actually be pretty cool, if done right. And they've got a real chance to hit a home run by changing the Yankee trader to a HM themed store. Ugh. PLEASE, TDO... Do it right. Please do it right.
  5. Bolt

Bolt Well-Known Member

Makes sense with the new My Memory Maker, more bang for your buck.

If Buzz can have a photo, so can these.
  6. Soarin' Over Pgh

Soarin' Over Pgh Well-Known Member

It's about time HM finally got a worthy gift shop. I hope it's as well themed as the one in belles village (but stocked with better stuff) interior wise... It could be a big hit.

I'm actually ok with this. I'd rather like a HM photo and BTMR one as well.

Thanks for the info!
    MarkTwain, LucyK, George and 2 others like this.
  7. JenniferS

JenniferS Well-Known Member

Sounds good to me.

I was bemoaning the lack of a HM gift shop on our fall trip. I had to go all the way to DTD to find my Tomb Sweet Tomb coasters.
    Buried20KLeague and mr_braver23 like this.
  8. wdwmagic

wdwmagic Administrator Moderator

Thanks for the news.

Pirates seems a strange one, but the other two should generate some good pics.
  9. mr_braver23

mr_braver23 Well-Known Member

Finally !! HM Gift Shop should do very well. I was shocked our very first trip to DW and HM and there was NO gift shop for it.
    TubaGeek, 71jason and JenniferS like this.
  10. mr_braver23

mr_braver23 Well-Known Member

To me there's really no good "photo opp" for this ride.
    cw1982 and mickeysaver like this.
  11. Buried20KLeague

Buried20KLeague Premium Member

I've never understood why there hasn't been a huge HM store stocked to the brim with every possible item they could think of. It would sell like crazy. That would be the one store that would drain my wallet. I'd pay $1000 (seriously) for high quality tapestries from the stretching room. And that's just for starters.
  12. TheVisionarySoul

No problem, but to be fair, Pirates does have photos in Paris...
    dreamscometrue likes this.
  13. midwest_mice

midwest_mice Well-Known Member

Agreed! I run a haunted house in October and am a huge HM fan and hope to see some unique HM items in the re-themed Yankee Trader.
    Any word if they will keep Yankee Trader or call it something else? I can't recall what the merchandise cart was called by HM, Leota's or something like that.
    Soarin' Over Pgh likes this.
  14. TheVisionarySoul

Afraid I don't know anything more about what that store will contain, sorry. All I've heard is that most of the Yankee Trader's current stuff will get moved to the Heritage House store.
    Soarin' Over Pgh likes this.
  15. Jakester

Jakester Well-Known Member

Just like I reported a few weeks ago, "wouldn't it be awesome to get your photo taken on classics, or have a ghost ""follow"" you home"
    cw1982, MinnieM123, George and 2 others like this.
  16. TheVisionarySoul

Sorry to steal your thunder buddy, I didn't realize this had already been posted... nor did I see your old post.
  17. WDWDad13

WDWDad13 Well-Known Member

like this... and the idea of a haunted mansion gift shop
  18. DznyGrlSD

DznyGrlSD Well-Known Member

HM GIFT SHOP PLEEEEEAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!
    Gabe1, George and midwest_mice like this.
  19. ABQ

ABQ Well-Known Member

Well, they could catch a picture with the look on everyone's face when the boat behind you smacks into your stern as everyone is all piled up at the unload dock.
  20. AEfx

AEfx Well-Known Member

Same here!

With all the jokes about exiting a ride into a gift shop in popular culture, and the fact that so many Disney rides do, it always felt like THE most appropriate one would be the Haunted Mansion. It would be nice to have a little buffer between the ride and the bright outside, and the Mansion when it does get unique merch is usually outstanding.

The only thing that seems strange is a photo on the drop at Pirates...such a lame place in he ride to take it - I'd rather see you in the middle of one of the scenes - but then again, they are looking for the "oh no" faces - which you don't really get elsewhere.