Photos over the wall allowed?

ob1thx1138

Original Poster
I know that we are getting a lot of great pics from Dumbo right now, but I suspect in the near future that may be going away. Are guests allowed to raise their cameras over the wall for photos, or are the cast members required to request that guests refrain from such activity?

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
No you you aren't supposed to, and no, you won't be stopped for doing so. And the CM's can't make you delete any pics (regardless of what they may claim otherwise).

Have a tragical day.

Neverland

The above is true. I let people take over-the-wall pictures all the time. Partly because I can't tell them not to, and partly because I'm just as big a Disney fan as they probably are and I want to see over the wall pics. :ROFLOL:

The only time a CM can tell you to stop is if what you're doing is unsafe, like climbing a tree or attempting to climb over the wall or something to get pictures.

WDWFREAK53

Holding your camera up to take a pic over the wall is no different than holding your camera up to take a picture of a parade going by when people are in front of you.

They will frown upon (and most likely tell you to get down) if you're in a tree, on a fence, standing on a trash barrel :lookaroun , etc.

RSoxNo1

Alright, I'm confused. I took this photo of the Be Our Guest concept art in Fantasyland last week:

IMG_5455.jpg

The last line reads:
Sakes alive! This will be a meal you will never forget!"

First off, what does Sakes alive mean?
Second off, why does this end with a quotation mark?

gamblepsu

Alright, I'm confused. I took this photo of the Be Our Guest concept art in Fantasyland last week:

IMG_5455.jpg

The last line reads:
Sakes alive! This will be a meal you will never forget!"

First off, what does Sakes alive mean?
Second off, why does this end with a quotation mark?
Be Our Guest Lyrics

"It's a guest! It's a guest!
Sakes alive, well I'll be blessed!
Wine's been poured and thank the Lord
I've had the napkins freshly pressed"

tirian

:lol: That's a great question. At first I assumed it was a variation on "for goodness' sake," but it really doesn't make any sense. I have heard people use the expression; apparently, it's a colloquialism the songwriters heard.

RSoxNo1

:lol: That's a great question. At first I assumed it was a variation on "for goodness' sake," but it really doesn't make any sense. I have heard people use the expression; apparently, it's a colloquialism the songwriters heard.

Yeah, it looks like it's from the song lyric, but it doesn't explain why there's an ending quote and no beginning quote.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
It really depends on where the wall is located. I have found that if the wall is on one side of an area that features a toilet, people can get a bit "riled up" so to speak if you take a picture over the wall. Even a detailed explanation like, "I was mesmerized by that toilet paper dispenser that was festooned with images of Chicken Little, arguably the best Disney movie ever made", will not bring you a reprieve from the wrath of Mr. or Mrs. Uptight. Also, if the wall is directly attached to a ceiling (say in someone's house) and you remove a bit of the wall just under the ceiling so that you can get a picture over it, once again, people get upset for no good reason as far as I can tell.

mitchk

It really depends on where the wall is located. I have found that if the wall is on one side of an area that features a toilet, people can get a bit "riled up" so to speak if you take a picture over the wall. Even a detailed explanation like, "I was mesmerized by that toilet paper dispenser that was festooned with images of Chicken Little, arguably the best Disney movie ever made", will not bring you a reprieve from the wrath of Mr. or Mrs. Uptight. Also, if the wall is directly attached to a ceiling (say in someone's house) and you remove a bit of the wall just under the ceiling so that you can get a picture over it, once again, people get upset for no good reason as far as I can tell.

Holy thread bump batman.... I'm still trying to get the point of your post ... Is it a toilet joke I don't get it... No offense at all I just want to understand your post

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom