PHOTOS - New bag check areas greatly enhance Magic Kingdom arrival experience

Kman101

To bring back and answer a question from earlier, the main reason why bag scans aren't used is the sheer number (and price of said number) that would be needed. Universal has One Mega Check Point (Trans Hub) and Seven Mini (Only One Scan needed) points. MK, has two (arguably three) mega points and seven or eight (depends on mega classification) mini points.

Thanks. I asked about it. I know it's slightly unrealistic and they cost money so that gives it a first strike against it. And the sheer amount they would need. I just figured T&TC could have them, not everywhere.

It's funny to place someone on ignore and see people arguing with no one, LOL. Where did this person come from? They come and immediately start arguing and being defensive. Give it a rest.

Kman101

Haven't gotten to experience the new security at MK but I did hit Universal yesterday (mistake because crowds were insane but it's Spring Break and Easter Week) and their security was better than in January. They weren't moving the scanners. They had set areas for teammembers and clear signage for guests as well as clear lines. It was much better than I saw in January. I promised @marni1971 I'd check in about that. I'm not saying one's better than the other but it was noticeably better than in January.

fngoofy

They are, and will do until the Epcot entrance security layout is also rearranged.

How they'll make it work without reversing platform use I don't know. Unless there's a split check like at the MK. One for the busses -pushed back towards the old group sales building - and the other east (currently smaller) one for the parking lot and trams. This would have the current monorail exit gate inside the cordon.
Could they not reverse the monorail direction and make the current UP ramp the down ramp and the current DOWN ramp the up ramp? That way you would come down and be right in front of the entrance. They would just need to put in planters/walls to make that a straight shot from the ramp to the turnstiles.

Scuttle

Have we had anyone verify how walking from the Poly to TTC works now?
Redirected to main security. Pretty much makes that shortcut irrelevant now. I guess if you are arriving at the TTC and want to walk to the Poly it'd be alright, but the real shortcut was walking from the Poly to the TTC.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Could they not reverse the monorail direction and make the current UP ramp the down ramp and the current DOWN ramp the up ramp? That way you would come down and be right in front of the entrance. They would just need to put in planters/walls to make that a straight shot from the ramp to the turnstiles.
The problem then is that you are leaving the EPCOT secure area to board the monorail, so they would have to check you again at the TTC. Not very efficient.

Furiated

Redirected to main security. Pretty much makes that shortcut irrelevant now. I guess if you are arriving at the TTC and want to walk to the Poly it'd be alright, but the real shortcut was walking from the Poly to the TTC.

Thanks

We're staying at the Poly for the first time so I'm not familiar with how it used to work, just that you could walk to the TTC. I looked on Google Maps but still wasn't sure where the old path was. So now you have to do what, go out to the tram unload area?

Kylo Ken

Local Idiot
20170412_152344.jpg
20170412_152327.jpg
20170412_152242.jpg
20170412_152245.jpg
This wasn't terrible and fairly efficient. I also got here at 330 PM so not much of a rush. The set up looks like it'll accomodate the morning rush. I can't stand the rolling bushes though haha

Figment2005

They will likely never reverse the monorail direction on Epcot because of show.

Angel Ariel

I read someone on here say that they use Poly's monorail and launch while staying at Shades of Green. I wonder how many people actually do that, and if more may start because they want shorter security lines.
This could definitely create a problem at the resorts.

If it isn't abused, then this way should be ok, even if a little annoying for resort to resort travel.

ETA- meant to quote @MikeyK72
I was the one who said I do that, and it's a very popular method for all guests at Shades of Green. Shades offers a free golf cart ride to the front of its property for guests who want to walk to Poly. I don't expect that this will cause much of an increase, because many many guests already do it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom