PHOTOS - New bag check areas greatly enhance Magic Kingdom arrival experience

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
What a great sight this is!

DSC08074-6.jpg

enough

excellent change. I'd imagine that if this "test" works out, the temporary structures will give way to something more aesthetically pleasing.

As for the contemporary location, I'd guess that if it poses a problem they'll reconfigure or re-position it. Disney's great at iterating quickly, failing early, and moving on.

Horizons78

Grade "A" Funny...
I'm mixed on this so far.... the resort hopping will be different, no question, but that entrance is back to normal finally.

I'm not a D&G'er, but I do truly wonder if resort hopping by monorail will become a thing of the past in an effort to reduce the "strain" on security/monorails. You'd still have watercraft and taxis I guess. Would really be a bummer for the group of family & friends I tend to travel with as having an evening where we monorail hop to the restaurants and lounges has been a longstanding tradition.

Scuttle

I'm not a D&G'er, but I do truly wonder if resort hopping by monorail will become a thing of the past in an effort to reduce the "strain" on security/monorails. You'd still have watercraft and taxis I guess. Would really be a bummer for the group of family & friends I tend to travel with as having an evening where we monorail hop to the restaurants and lounges has been a longstanding tradition.
Totally agree, we always go take a break and get a drink at the Poly or GF.

Ladewig

The move makes sense. Agree that the bag check at Contemporary is awkward, but designers didn't think they'd have to deal with security like that. I expect they'll figure something better down the road.

Looking at the photo of the boat launch bag check for GF/Poly, it looks like I'll leave the secure area when I go visit our brick (wedding present so we visit every trip) down the path and have to go through bag check again on the way back. At least it'll be quick when there aren't any boats there.

anchorman314

Out of curiosity, does anyone know rough percentages of people arriving by each mode of transportation? I'm thinking if the new bag screening areas at the TTC and bus unload have enough tables to handle the respective proportions of arriving guests, this should be an overall reduction in wait times.

rushtest4echo

While I'm not a fan of the way the tram area of the TTC looks, and I wish the bag checks at the boats and bus unload didn't look so cheap/temporary- all of that is a small price to pay for having the front gate look that way again after so many years. Hooray!

rushtest4echo

Out of curiosity, does anyone know rough percentages of people arriving by each mode of transportation? I'm thinking if the new bag screening areas at the TTC and bus unload have enough tables to handle the respective proportions of arriving guests, this should be an overall reduction in wait times.
Unfortunately that's assuming way too much. More than likely, Disney will sort out the number of people arriving on each mode and staff accordingly- but that doesn't mean that there will be a reduction in wait times. If anything, this means there's little incentive to "get people through" quickly since there's no bottleneck/trafficjam at the entry anymore, which means that they can just let the lines get a bit longer without that problem presenting itself anymore. I hope I'm wrong though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom