PHOTOS - Disney reveals new lobby design and Trader Sam's lounge for the Polynesian

Little Green Men

Unbelievable, they even managed to make it even WORSE than it appereared in the already depressing design graphics which were presented months ago. Where is that tiny-winy fountain they had in the design sketches? Would that still have been to much maintenance costs? Now there is no recognizable design idea left at all. Nothing unique, nothing special, nothing that justifies the insane prices they charge. I could design this in an hour if I would ever design such a boring lobby void of any atmosphere. Stone floor, some benches, some flowers (BTW ALL of the same species, all Bromelias, I believe Guzmania). Could be anywhere. Unbelievable that they are not ashamed to present it to the public. They destroyed a true paradise and created a rocky desert. TDO go to hell!
We will NEVER ever stay there again. The Polynesian is dead. Period.
The tiny fountain is there and they haven't finished which is why it doesn't look exactly like the concept art.....

MarkTwain

Why are you surprised at this.

Coming from a DVC member, it is a bit odd. Since the DVC facilities are supposed to only be supported by DVC member's maintenance fees, it's usually pretty evident that Disney prefers more simplified theming for the "public", non-room portions of the DVC resorts (see the look of the Jambo house vs Kidani Village at the DAK Lodge - Kidani looks much more simple in terms of construction). Presumably, this was a measure to keep maintenance dues down during things like repainting, furniture replacements, etc., and a sign that Disney was willing to pay more to maintain their own facilities than they were willing to hoist on DVC members for the villas portion.

If anything, it seems like this might be a sign this trend has reversed - Disney now expects the DVC members to pay more for their villa maintenance than Disney themselves are willing to pay for the hotel portion. :grumpy: Perhaps my interpretation is wrong though.

note2001

You can tell they are rushing to get this ready, see the first pic of that last group posted: Three guys are working & three are just standing there. (Just kidding and poking fun at those saying they never see workers working over in the MK. I think this progressed at a rather good pace, even if I'm lamenting a bit over the old look of the lobby.) ;)

It looks to me as though something is being done with the columns (blue tape like markings up on the column and electrical boxes / wiring showing) Does anyone have a clue what will be covering up the boxes and wiring on each, and what that's for? Will it simply be a plain, wall like covering?

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom