PHOTOS - Disney reveals new lobby design and Trader Sam's lounge for the Polynesian

lobelia

I think the designs of the "huts" are fun and it looks like they will be full of nice light, but the walkways are wonky. The boards of the walkway look uneven. Is that supposed to look that way? I also see the plumbing under the buildings and around the walkways. I can only imagine my poop flowing passed the other huts.

tikiman

I think the designs of the "huts" are fun and it looks like they will be full of nice light, but the walkways are wonky. The boards of the walkway look uneven. Is that supposed to look that way? I also see the plumbing under the buildings and around the walkways. I can only imagine my poop flowing passed the other huts.

The final boardwalk is not scheduled to go in until later.
Boardwalk 1 decking will start December 9
Boardwalk 2 decking will start December 16
Boardwalk 3 decking will start December 23

The decking you see now is just to be used during construction. They were not going to build the nice boardwalk and be driving equipment and vehicles across it the whole time.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

The decking you see now is just to be used during construction. They were not going to build the nice boardwalk and be driving equipment and vehicles across it the whole time.
I was wondering about this. Thanks for confirming.

Marc Gil

Say what you want, but I think these huts are shaping up nicely and they're kinda, but I'm sure they're easily going to cost over at least $1,500 a night to stay in.

*sigh*

majortom1981

Say what you want, but I think these huts are shaping up nicely and they're kinda, but I'm sure they're easily going to cost over at least $1,500 a night to stay in.

*sigh*
These are dvc so good luck being able to pay cash for them. These will be like the value rooms at animal kingdom lodge. You will have to have the Polynesian as your home resort to have any luck of staying in one.

Marc Gil

These are dvc so good luck being able to pay cash for them. These will be like the value rooms at animal kingdom lodge. You will have to have the Polynesian as your home resort to have any luck of staying in one.
You can rent DVC Rooms like any other hotel rooms if I'm not mistaken.

My uncle rented a two or three bedroom suite at Bay Lake Tower one New Years Eve a few years ago, and he made his reservations through Disney. He does not own a DVC.

Are there resorts or rooms that only cater to DVC and DVC alone?

hpyhnt 1000

Will the new decking include railings as well? It would certainly look much nicer without them, but I have a feeling there is no way the legal department would have signed off on that.

Unplugged

I believe majortom1981 was referring to the popularity. That is, if you can afford the points at Poly and in volume to get such a room, it's doubtful there will be any openings. As a DVC member I can see this happening too.

While I love the Poly, the cost of those points will be ridiculous IMHO and not a justified value. The only way I'd pay that much for a room over the water is if I was in Tahiti with a room over that water. Considering a Tahitian vacation you'd intend to spend time away from it all in those villas, where as at WDW your primary intention is to visit parks and do various activities.

Unplugged

Will the new decking include railings as well? It would certainly look much nicer without them, but I have a feeling there is no way the legal department would have signed off on that.

Even without internal knowledge, I can absolutely guarantee that railings will be there. Most likely to the point of aesthetic distraction. Heck, even at the Wilderness Lodge, they've had to upgrade the netting between the railings on the boat dock to close the openings.

ToTBellHop

The same as it is in California: both! A bar with food; a restaurant with craft cocktails.
So are the kiddies welcome, then? My boys would love it. Even as they approach age 2, they already have the refined palate required to love Jungle Cruise. It was a proud day when they chuckled at "take it for granite." Even if they don't know what granite is....

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
@tikiman, a few of the photos of the huts look like they have two doors. Looks like a door is on the left side (off center). Is it a door or something else? I can't copy the image that Steve posted to show it but it's the one that is looking straight at the front.

majortom1981

So are the kiddies welcome, then? My boys would love it. Even as they approach age 2, they already have the refined palate required to love Jungle Cruise. It was a proud day when they chuckled at "take it for granite." Even if they don't know what granite is....

The one in Disneyland let kids in. The pictures show that its more of a walk up bar then a ful lfledged thing to go into.

majortom1981

My uncle rented a two or three bedroom suite at Bay Lake Tower one New Years Eve a few years ago, and he made his reservations through Disney. He does not own a DVC.

You can rent points from other members BUT they set those pirces. with how expensive each point will be for the poly it will be very expensive. You can pay cash for dvc rooms to the resort itself but rooms can be anywhere from $500 to $1000 a night for a dvc room.

tikiman

tikiman

The one in Disneyland let kids in. The pictures show that its more of a walk up bar then a ful lfledged thing to go into.

Not sure why you would describe it as a walk up bar. There is a bar inside to sit at and tables. Also there is an outside patio with seating and tables. Kids can go inside up to a certain time but can't sit at the bar at any time.

The one at the Polynesian will have a much different theme and layout. Inside it will be about the same square footage but with better flow and the outside patio will be larger with its own service bar. I posted some of the construction plans on my Facebook page.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom