PHOTOS - Disney reveals new lobby design and Trader Sam's lounge for the Polynesian

Rinx

They originally said February for TS to open but I was told recently it looks more like the end of next Spring.

That's a shocker, Disney not finishing something as scheduled :rolleyes:

I like the sign, actually. Saw it in September. As was the case then, not all the torches are lit/working now. Is that by design?

tikiman

That's a shocker, Disney not finishing something as scheduled :rolleyes:

I like the sign, actually. Saw it in September. As was the case then, not all the torches are lit/working now. Is that by design?

When the sign was unveiled a month ago the torches were not all going but they are now.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

The Incredible Schmulk

RSoxNo1

You can see from today's photos all of them are working, as is the waterfall.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/resorts/dis...n-village-resort-main-entrance-sign/22396.htm
Here's a photo at night from the evening it debuted in September
r-1410870682-PolynesianVillagesSign1.JPG

tikiman

I like it. It's pleasingly retro. Looks like the kind of thing you see in those 70's era tiki room bars that are still open and just as cheesy-fun today as they were back then, maybe more so in that ironic, tounge-in-cheek kind of way. If that's the direction they're going with the Polynesian, I'm 100% on board.

:facepalm:

Bocabear

Any new updates on the Polynesian Village Lobby work and waterside villas? we have not had any new photos in quite a long time....Surely SOMETHING has happened in the last month...

tikiman

Any new updates on the Polynesian Village Lobby work and waterside villas? we have not had any new photos in quite a long time....Surely SOMETHING has happened in the last month...

I have been posting photos and updates on my pages and Facebook. I have limited my involvement here because anytime I report something I get inundated by sarcastic or negative responses.

tikiman

But those are countered by an overwhelming volume of support and gratitude. Just put the haters on ignore.

It’s just easier to share the stuff on my own pages where most of the people are coming for information and not just to turn it into a Disney bashing forum. I will leave this place for them to get their frustrations out. I understand to some extent because I don’t like all the decisions Disney makes either but I just don’t see complaining about the same thing over and over as a productive way to spend my day. Also Steve and many others on here do a good job of keeping people informed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom