PHOTOS - BAYMAX now appearing at newly expanded Epcot Character Spot

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
A) I really liked the Baymax M&G at DHS
B) The robotics expo would have been a much more appropriate backdrop for Epcot
C) I guess it doesn't matter when it's in Character Spot and they don't make any attempt to make the other character's match up to whatever vague version of "theme" they call Epcot these days.

dreamfinder

Any idea on how long this will last? People had speculated just for the Holidays, but that's a decent setup for a 2 week M&G. (Yes, it's sad to accept that WDW will only put forth effort for a long term project)

raven

Meanwhile Baymax (or other Big Hero 6) merchandise on property is pretty much limited to a pin or maybe one or two other items. Have a friend who LOVES Baymax and we had to end up getting a drawing from an animator at the Art of Animation because we couldn't find anything else.

YodaMan

Fast pass still only work for Character Spot (Mickey and Friends) and not Character Spot (Baymax). They've done a fairly good job of differentiating the two. Definitely looks like there's room to add more characters in the same area as Baymax as well.

Cmdr_Crimson

Fast pass still only work for Character Spot (Mickey and Friends) and not Character Spot (Baymax). They've done a fairly good job of differentiating the two. Definitely looks like there's room to add more characters in the same area as Baymax as well.

Considering the size (If there is two rooms for Baymax) it's fairly big for more to do...
innoventions-west.jpg

yepitsandy

Totally hyped to see Baymax back. I wouldn't mind this being kind of a "recent characters meet and greet." Baymax, maybe Joy, maybe even a fairy or two.

I know, I know... "doesn't fit the Epcot theme, blah blah."

doctornick

Totally hyped to see Baymax back. I wouldn't mind this being kind of a "recent characters meet and greet." Baymax, maybe Joy, maybe even a fairy or two.

I know, I know... "doesn't fit the Epcot theme, blah blah."

I'd like to see Baymax located together with a robotics exhibit. As well as maybe Wreck-It-Ralph with a revolving "latest gaming technology" area. I think those kinds of settings, where a M&G is used but fits with the pavilion it is at, would be the most sensible plan for Epcot going forward.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom