photos appearing on magic band without scanning

Mike Nolan

Original Poster
So we just came home from Magic Kingdom. My girlfriend checked the photopass pics, and lo and behold there is a picture of us on the Seven Dwarfs Mine Ride, as well as a video. This would be great, but here's the thing... we didn't use our Magic Bands on the ride, we used the stand by line and to my knowledge never scanned our badges.

So... how did they know that was us? Did I miss something? Has anyone else noticed this?

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
So we just came home from Magic Kingdom. My girlfriend checked the photopass pics, and lo and behold there is a picture of us on the Seven Dwarfs Mine Ride, as well as a video. This would be great, but here's the thing... we didn't use our Magic Bands on the ride, we used the stand by line and to my knowledge never scanned our badges.

So... how did they know that was us? Did I miss something? Has anyone else noticed this?
They have been doing this since last year. You don't have to scan anything anymore it finds you/your account by RFID/Bluetooth In your Magic Bands. :)

englanddg

One Little Spark...

Did you have your bands on? Or even in your pocket or a bag?

That's the Bluetooth LE at work. It's been installed in quite a few of the rides, as I understand...but, I have no idea which ones. Eventually it will make it to all of them.

There's a receiver they put into the ride that flags that picture to your band's Bluetooth.

Mike Nolan

Original Poster
Did you have your bands on? Or even in your pocket or a bag?

That's the Bluetooth LE at work. It's been installed in quite a few of the rides, as I understand...but, I have no idea which ones. Eventually it will make it to all of them.

There's a receiver they put into the ride that flags that picture to your band's Bluetooth.

Wow. Technology, huh? How soon until I start getting email suggestions about all those pins?

Thanks everyone for the responses

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom