PHOTOS - A look at the temporary Captain Cook's now open at Disney's Polynesian Resort

ptaylor

Premium Member
Wow - its shocking. I'm somewhat speechless. A resort asking $600+ per night and is offering a restaurant that looks like this? I feel sorry for guests staying at the Poly this year. Disney are not even trying to make this construction work inconvenience better for those paying guests.

DisneyDebNJ

Wow - its shocking. I'm somewhat speechless. A resort asking $600+ per night and is offering a restaurant that looks like this? I feel sorry for guests staying at the Poly this year. Disney are not even trying to make this construction work inconvenience better for those paying guests.
We stay at the Poly every trip, and although we won't be down til October, we rarely eat inside. Hopefully they bring back Dole Whips

JohnD

Are you serious? They could have just shut down CC entirely for the duration of the refurb. I give them credit for creating temporary space out of the CM cafeteria. If I recall, the actual space has little seating. You need to take your food outside. So what you lose in grand atmosphere (it's a CM cafeteria, remember?), you make up for in seating.

I am amazed at people on this forum who always gravitate to thinking the worst about Disney.

Last edited:

Seth7721

Do you know if Disney will bring back the Dole Whip? I was at Captin Cooks yesterday for lunch, and they were taking away all of the chairs and tables. I didn't realize what was going on until now.:( It was the first time I had ever eaten there. I love the Dole Whip.(Is it supposed to be unlimited???) I went up and got a refill, no one said anything to me!

JohnD

Do you know if Disney will bring back the Dole Whip? I was at Captin Cooks yesterday for lunch, and they were taking away all of the chairs and tables. I didn't realize what was going on until now.:( It was the first time I had ever eaten there. I love the Dole Whip.(Is it supposed to be unlimited???) I went up and got a refill, no one said anything to me!

My guess is yes. The DW maker is in the refurb space. Could it be moved? I don't know. But I suspect DW will be back after the refurb.

nicb88

I personally feel that although this is temporary, they've done a good job at providing a decent space for quick service dining when they could have adapted a far more limited space like was done at Mizner's at the GF during the Gasparilla refurb! Also, the menu seems to have improved over what was previously available (my last visit was Dec. '13) - the more choice of food the better, it is a restaurant after all!

DisneyPrincess5

Yeah I know wow. I haven't been following prices so I may be speaking incorrectly, but I would hope that they really would be charging less (but maybe why would they when spending so much money on rehab?) as the resort isn't to its typical potential?!? Guests paying so much aren't getting the usual experience. But why charge less when they will stay anyway...

ToTBellHop

Are you serious? They could have just shut down CC entirely for the duration of the refurb. I give them credit for creating temporary space out of the CM cafeteria. If I recall, the actual space has little seating. You need to take your food outside. So what you lose in grand atmosphere (it's a CM cafeteria, remember?), you make up for in seating.

I am amazed at people on this forum who always gravitate to thinking the worst about Disney.
Are you suggesting it is reasonable for Disney to charge poly rates during this project?

Of course, the onus is on the guest to be informed. But still, I think it's a bit disingenuous of Disney to even offer this product to guests as a "deluxe" experience.

JohnD

Are you suggesting it is reasonable for Disney to charge poly rates during this project?

Of course, the onus is on the guest to be informed. But still, I think it's a bit disingenuous of Disney to even offer this product to guests as a "deluxe" experience.

I don't recall saying anything of the sort and I am not entering that argument. I do recall saying it is ludicrous to suggest that Disney should be ashamed of itself for setting up TEMPORARY space set up for a counter service restaurant when it didn't have to. Would you rather CC be closed for it's entirety? You're the type of people who complain about WDW property being dirty but when Disney closes it for a refurb you complain about not having access to said property and further complain about how horrible the temporary space is. There is no pleasing some people.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom