PHOTOS - A look at the first day of the big Next-Gen FASTPASS+ test

Tip Top Club

Now to be fair, the parade/fireworks viewings areas obviously will be the first to go, because there is a very small, defined number of people that can fit into that roped-off space. No reason to "loathe" (not your words, another poster's) the entire system. Attractions have exponentially higher capacity per day than a firework/parade viewing area.

And if you can't reserve a FP+ spot for the parade/fireworks, don't worry because all that means is you show up maybe 15 minutes earlier to secure a good spot somewhere else. That is not something you could do at a restaurant, where, again it is a finite number of people who can fit at a given time, but showing up early doesn't mean you can experience the food. So I don't think the comparison is apples to apples.

Not a huge deal, IMHO.

I disagree with this completely. We really haven't seen the effect of the parade Fastpass+ Usage yet as for the first two days of the test we had the Rainy Day Character Cavalcade instead of Celebrate a Dream come True, but the fireworks test tonight had guests sitting or standing in the Rose Garden to the right of the hub between the tomorrowland and Fairytale Garden Bridges, and the view from there looked spectacular, and it looked like everyone was enjoying being treated like a VIP. Everyone seemed thrilled to be able to view the parades and fireworks away from the crowds with their FP+. I would expect these areas to expand, not be cut!

flavious27

I'm glad Disney took the time to "theme" the RFID readers. When I first saw the blue polls at HM they looked out of place, but these photos show they've been improved.

Same thought here. WDI took the time to make them atleast blend in better than some of the things they have done in the past. I wonder if they will have an update to the new app that will allow the nfc chip in some phones to be read by these readers. FP is all about queue management and shifting guests from one part of the park to another; being able to reach out instantly to guests has to be part of someone's pipe dream.

Rose&Crowner

Sorry if this has been asked, but can someone tell me when this is slated to be implemented? We'll be at the BWI in early December and I'd love to do this as we have a little one and I'd love to be able to schedule our experience around her. Thanks in advance, I tried to search for the info but couldn't find it....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom