Photopass

George Lucas on a Bench

Original Poster
Any APs have experience with Photopass? I don't know how it works, what it costs, if it's worth it, etc. I'm kinda getting into meeting characters, but I don't like to lug a camera or ask other people to take pictures of me with a large plastic thing. Photopass seems like a good idea in theory, especially since I'd be able to go into all the princess meet and greets alone and perv out, and at least someone would be there to snap my picture.

Figments Friend

I have used the service many times at both DLR and WDW, and i have found it to be a nice plus to a visit.
If in the very least, you get to see some nice photos of you enjoying your visit for free..and share them with friends for free.
The pricing comes in if you want to 'keep' the images...as digital files or hard-copy photo prints.

Pricing is debatable.
Some find the service overpriced, some find it tolerable, and some find it worth it.
It is definitely worth using the service just to see the photos, which is free. You can also share the photos with friends for free as well.

If you wish to purchase photos, the costs start at about $15 and go up from there for a pair of standard size printed photos.
There are various digital options too...direct downloads, disc transfers, gift items, etc.
I recommend a visit to the official Photopass website, which you may have already checked out....but if not...have a look :

https://mydisneyphotopass.disney.go.com/keepsakes/index/notlogged/

You will notice the big push now is to buy the 'Memory Maker' option.
This may be a worthy option for large families or groups traveling together, but for your average Park goer it does not seem all that necessary.

One of the ( many ) nice things about having a DLR AP is that you don't have to carry around a additional card in your pocket/wallet.
Most of today's AP cards can be scanned directly by Photopass photographers which is handy.
To use the Photopass service, you simply walk up to a Photopass photographer, pose for them, and then give them your AP.
They will scan the Photopass 'blob' on the back of your card and you are good to go.

Later in the day you can view your photos on the Photopass website, or at one of the specially designated Photopass viewing locations in either DL or DCA.
You access your photos with the DL AP Photopass number located on the bottom right hand side of your card.
View for free...forward to friends for free....only pay for photos you want to keep, print, or download.
Through the official website you can crop your photos, enlarge them, add borders, text/titles and more as well which is a fun activity to do post-visit.

There is no difference being a AP holder for using the service then a regular Day Guest would use it.
The only 'benefit' for Passholders is having a Photopass enabled AP card.
Day Guests would be given a Photopass card by the photographer to carry around to use.
All pricing is the same...i know of no special discounts for APs are far as Photopass goes.
When i used the service this last visit as a APer, the pricing was the same as previously when i was a non-APer.

Some of my own observations using Photopass at DLR in particular -
I find that Photopass photographers are not as common around DLR as at WDW.

There are only two designated Photopass locations that i am remembering....in front of the Train Station past the Main Entrance turnstiles, and in front of Sleeping Beauty Castle.
At DCA there is one always stationed at the 'Walt' Statue and also at a couple of other spots.

At WDW they are everywhere, and usually paired with each designated character greeting spot.
Since the character greeting scene is very different in tone and execution at DLR, i have not seen a lot of Photopass photographers paired with them.
This might be different when one goes to the designated 'Meeting Spots' like Mickey's House in Toontown or Anna & Elsa in Fantasyland.

Others with more extensive character greeting experiences at DLR could probably give you a clearer picture.

Hope this helps you out a little.

:)

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom