Photopass on magicband?

Ember

Original Poster
I just read an article that said you no longer have to pick up a pp card, that they can scan your band instead? I was under the impression that this only worked for people who had purchased mm? I haven't read anything anywhere else that says it will also work with normal photopass. Can anyone clarify this?

Ember

Original Poster
From the article " That's right folks, no need to carry around a photo pass card and risk losing it. Just let them know you are using your MagicBand, and they will scan it right after the pictures are taken. "

asialeigh

Yes, if you have a magic band you can have it scanned onto any one in your party's magic band and the photos will automatically show up on mydisneyexperience.com/mydisneyphotopass.com as long as you have an account already set up. If not you can view them at the parks at the photopass viewing centers and they scan your band and pull them up. You don't need to have memory maker in order to do this.

jrlbc06

I did something wrong because I was there in January, had my magic band scanned by multiple photopass people and they never showed up anywhere.

bethram

I never got a photopass card in December, only had my band scanned, and all of our pp pictures were in mde when I checked once we got home.

BigTxEars

Where do you link the PP to the MB?

We purchased PP when we booked our package of room, meals and tickets. Will it auto magically be linked?

"auto magically" was a spell correction by my laptop, but I like it so I am keeping it!

cw1982

Where do you link the PP to the MB?

We purchased PP when we booked our package of room, meals and tickets. Will it auto magically be linked?

"auto magically" was a spell correction by my laptop, but I like it so I am keeping it!

You can do it from the MDE website. On the MDE link at the top of the page, if you hover to where all of those options pull up, you can select PP at the bottom of that list. It takes you to a screen where you enter the photo pass ID. I've never done it before, but it looks pretty straightforward.

BigTxEars

You can do it from the MDE website. On the MDE link at the top of the page, if you hover to where all of those options pull up, you can select PP at the bottom of that list. It takes you to a screen where you enter the photo pass ID. I've never done it before, but it looks pretty straightforward.

Good stuff, thanks :)

cw1982

Yep you were right here is the link

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/link/magic-bands/

So you just type in the number on up to 10 MBs to link them to the Memory Maker once it is paid for. I can do it once they send us our MBs. Pretty cool because anyone in the party can use it to have a picture taken and it all shows up in the same account :)

See, I'm still debating using Memory Maker. It's just DH and I, as you know LOL... so pictures will be important, but not that big of a deal (as compared to how they would be if we had kids with us). However, on the same token, it's just DH and I, so if we want any pictures of us together we either need to pay for MM or we need to be prepared to hand our phones off to complete strangers and ask them to help. While I don't think that most guests, who have paid that kind of money to get into the parks for that day, are going to be out to maliciously steal my phone (lol)... I hate to burden other people like that... especially as picky as I am about my pictures now that I've lost all that weight! ;)

Good thing I get to take my time making a decision on that. I figure I'll try and decide for sure when we're about a week out.

BigTxEars

See, I'm still debating using Memory Maker. It's just DH and I, as you know LOL... so pictures will be important, but not that big of a deal (as compared to how they would be if we had kids with us). However, on the same token, it's just DH and I, so if we want any pictures of us together we either need to pay for MM or we need to be prepared to hand our phones off to complete strangers and ask them to help. While I don't think that most guests, who have paid that kind of money to get into the parks for that day, are going to be out to maliciously steal my phone (lol)... I hate to burden other people like that... especially as picky as I am about my pictures now that I've lost all that weight! ;)

Good thing I get to take my time making a decision on that. I figure I'll try and decide for sure when we're about a week out.

If just you and hubby I can see not doing it, or letting other guest help. I think most are more than willing to help. I think you are right about the overall honesty as well. If I were a stroller thief or a stroller "raider" I could live in WDW :) People leave their stroller and stuff in those strollers everywhere. :)

But as soon as you take the kids do it. I have a tone of pics of our family from years ago, and there is always someone not in the pic, having everyone in the pic is so worth the money. It's more important to me than the DDP, and I really like the DDP :)

lebeau

You can give the PP photographer your camera and they will take your picture for free.

Rob562

You can give the PP photographer your camera and they will take your picture for free.

Though if I do that, I tend to also have them take a pic with their camera so that they get "credit" for taking pics. (I have no idea if they're on commission or have quotas)

-Rob

lebeau

Though if I do that, I tend to also have them take a pic with their camera so that they get "credit" for taking pics. (I have no idea if they're on commission or have quotas)

-Rob

Yeah, absolutely. I let them take their picture and then politely ask if they will take one on mine. They have never appeared anything but happy to do so.

cw1982

Yeah, absolutely. I let them take their picture and then politely ask if they will take one on mine. They have never appeared anything but happy to do so.

That makes me feel better about asking LOL... I hate to be a burden, but that's $150 that we can spend on other things if we don't need the MM!

lebeau

That makes me feel better about asking LOL... I hate to be a burden, but that's $150 that we can spend on other things if we don't need the MM!

They aren't allowed to deny this request. So you can be confident that it won't be an issue.

They may not go to great lengths to get you the best photo possible. But they will take a decent picture without charging you $150. And everyone gets to be in the picture.

cw1982

They aren't allowed to deny this request. So you can be confident that it won't be an issue.

They may not go to great lengths to get you the best photo possible. But they will take a decent picture without charging you $150. And everyone gets to be in the picture.

That surprises me; I figured it would be the other way around LOL.

Thank you for the info!

lebeau

That surprises me; I figured it would be the other way around LOL.

Thank you for the info!

Disney realizes that it would make them look bad to refuse to take your picture when you can just get the next group in line to do it for you anyway. They have their limits. For now anyway.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom