Photo update!

TheDisneyMagic

Excellent update there.

I am very impressed with what they have done with the Walt Disney Studios, a few years back and I don't think the park actually deserved to have Disney in the name (I enjoyed the park but it just never felt Disney). Now I have watched it develop and I am amazed at how it has changed. Congratulations Euro Disney SCA / Walt Disney Company, you have done a fantastic job.

Not only the new Tower of Terror but little things like the new entrance way to the Backlot Tour make all of the difference.:)

Courtman

Original Poster
Courtman - I thought the same thing about the Studios. They really are coming along very nicely. With the crowds I saw at the start of April hopefully phase 2 will get the green light very soon now.

Marni,

What will phase 2 entail at the Studios? I've heard rumours of Soarin'. I didn't get any pictures of Stitch Live!, but there wasn't much to see new on the outside of the TV studio building. The show itself was OK, but not quite on a par with Turtle Talk in Epcot - the graphics weren't as good, and I don't think that there is as much variety of content or speech from the small blue critter as there is with Crush. On the plus side, I had never been in that building, and now it has at least something more entertaining in it!

disney-dan

awesome photos! I agree with you that it is by far the prettiest park. i encounter a lot of people who dont like dlrp, for what reason i dont know (maybe because its french), but i love it. I like the fact that its a short hop across the channel and can be used for a long weekend or a couple days off. don't get me wrong, i LOVE wdw (vstaying at akl in sept for 2 weeks), but dlrp is something different. i can get a disney fix without flying 9 hours across the atlantic. its a damn cool place.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
In lieu of getting my photo album to upload correctly here`s a composite of the view as you enter the park from Studio One; as Courtman said it really does look a lot better than it used to:
WDSP_Placemaking_composite_1200.jpg

As for phase 2, the main plan is to push the berm south-west beyond the tram station. This may mean the tram station moving as well as the Reign of Fire set. The allocated land for the studios (though still a hold back from D-MGM Europe) goes all the way along Avenue Herge as far as Val d' Europe and Blvd. du Grand Fosse - the cirular road around the resort core - and as far north west as the west service area. This would increase the park size by more than 400% so I doubt all the land will ever be used for this, but there is plenty of space to expand!

Ilovewishes

Wow! I went to DLP about 6years ago and was not impressed at all. It was before the Studios opened and there really wasn't much there and I always said I would never go back...

Looks like I may have to retract that statement now! It looks fab!

Courtman

Original Poster
Wow! I went to DLP about 6years ago and was not impressed at all. It was before the Studios opened and there really wasn't much there and I always said I would never go back...

Looks like I may have to retract that statement now! It looks fab!

Well worth it I'd say, we go 3-4 times a year just for a Disney-fix. Ignore the French, they push in and smoke all around the park (but they seem to be trying to stop that a bit now), and the staff aren't up there with the Disney magic generally - but for all that its still a pretty magic place!

DisneyRoxMySox

Great update! Thank you.

I hope I can make it over to The Studios one day to form an opinion. But from the pictures, it looks kind of bland. I dunno. Does anyone know a good site where theres a lot of pictures? It really just looks like half the park is facades.

Bunni

You have taken some really great shots! Thanks for the update.
I was at DLP in this Feb having been to folrida twice before (Aug 01 and Aug 07) I was a little skeptical about how good PAris would be. But it was so amazing especially with the addition of the Tower of Terror. I've already booked to go again in Oct to see Halloweenland I am so excited ^^:sohappy:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Great update! Thank you.

I hope I can make it over to The Studios one day to form an opinion. But from the pictures, it looks kind of bland. I dunno. Does anyone know a good site where theres a lot of pictures? It really just looks like half the park is facades.

Believe me, it isn`t nearly as bland as it was in its early years! The main item of interest -the facades - are, if you like, New York Street. Behind the facades on the right is the animation building, at the far end a plot rumoured for a restaurant, and through the tunnel entrance at the end is the tram loading station. On the left, the facades give access to ToT fastpass at the far end, and La Terrace at the near end. A new street section has been built halfway along with ToT on its own little nicely themed street. Most of the facades have full depth highly detailed shop windows on the ground floor too.

The rest of the park has `proper` building fronts. The theming in the entrance plaza is superb. Until I can get my pics uploaded (I took lots of placemaking details) http://www.photosmagiques.com/main.php should satisfy.

DisneyRoxMySox

Believe me, it isn`t nearly as bland as it was in its early years! The main item of interest -the facades - are, if you like, New York Street. Behind the facades on the right is the animation building, at the far end a plot rumoured for a restaurant, and through the tunnel entrance at the end is the tram loading station. On the left, the facades give access to ToT fastpass at the far end, and La Terrace at the near end. A new street section has been built halfway along with ToT on its own little nicely themed street. Most of the facades have full depth highly detailed shop windows on the ground floor too.

The rest of the park has `proper` building fronts. The theming in the entrance plaza is superb. Until I can get my pics uploaded (I took lots of placemaking details) http://www.photosmagiques.com/main.php should satisfy.

Thanks Martin. It just seems that Disneyland Parc had so much planning and The Studios was thrown together in an hour.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Are you counting the time it took them to figure out they needed ToT? :D
Oh, they knew they needed it back in `99. DCA stole it whilst they were sleeping :lol:

Malice; have a great time, and do post a little report. Post or PM me if you want any specific tips :wave:

Wow! Love all the pictures, thanks so much for sharing! I've always wanted to go to DLRP, the theming seems to be so much more impressive compared to WDW!

minnie2000

Great pictures! I haven't been to DLRP since 2004, but it seems to have changed a lot!

I would love to go back sometime - it just seems so expensive when I try to cost a holiday there. Any good tips for saving money? Nice, non-Disney hotels etc.?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
^ Try booking through Disneyland Paris; more often than not you can get an extra night for free, and of course breakfast and park hoppers are included :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom