Phone call from the Boardwalk Inn IPO had the Contemporary phone number

Innkeeper's Club

Original Poster
Two days ago when the phone rang in my house the caller ID said the number was 407-824-1000. I knew that was the number for the Contemporary. However when I picked up the phone it was the Boardwalk Inn IPO asking if there was anything we needed for our upcoming Club Level stay in a few weeks. Now I already know their IPO number is different, so how is it possible they called us using the Contemporary phone number?

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Two days ago when the phone rang in my house the caller ID said the number was 407-824-1000. I knew that was the number for the Contemporary. However when I picked up the phone it was the Boardwalk Inn IPO asking if there was anything we needed for our upcoming Club Level stay in a few weeks. Now I already know their IPO number is different, so how is it possible they called us using the Contemporary phone number?

Um...call center magic.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I should elaborate more...with a VoIP system, they control the outbound caller ID quite well, and can make any phone appear to be calling from any number. The 407.824.1000 number has been assigned for "guest experience", from what I can tell, as I also got a call from that number about my participation in the upcoming FastPass+ / Magicband test.

Not sure why they chose that number among their allocations to use it, if it used to be assigned directly to the Contemporary, but...it's an easy thing to change. I do it all the time on my systems.

Innkeeper's Club

Original Poster
Since the Contemporary is also selling items for the magic bands at their Fantasia Store do you think that has something to do with their number being selected or is that just a fluke?

Disvillain63

Our school system does that. If our principal calls from her office to our home phone, it shows the number of the high school...not the elementary school she is calling from.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom