Peter Pan Queue

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Ssssssh don't mention they're building first class attractions every other year.

Whilst at Disney we celebrate >wait for it< a new que - a place where we line up to wait.

BRING OUT THE PARTY POPPERS AND CHAMPAGNE PEOPLE !!!!

How long our standards have dropped.
Not every thread here is going to be discussing new lands, rides or big construction projects. Not every thread has to be a Universal vs Disney debate either. It's tired and pointless. Both Universal and Disney have various projects either recently completed, under construction or heavily rumored to be happening. Those projects have their own threads. Go there to talk about them. There are numerous Universal is great, Disney sucks threads too. Go there if you want to continue that pointless debate. A group of people talking about the new Peter Pan queue or saying they like the look of it doesn't mean anyone's standards have dropped. It's possible for some of us to discuss things and give credit when it's deserved.

Kman101

Also, don't let it out that they just started doing that a few years ago. Before that there was an occasional new attraction, but, a lot of the ones I remember when it first opened are ones that I still ride on. During those years Disney was building new parks and many attractions and was already way ahead of them for things to see or do.

I don't deny that they have been, back then and now, building things that are actually done better then Disney has done them, but, until recently, it wasn't all that common or that often.

But then you'll be lectured on how they were owned by different people at the time, so that makes it OK.

I love Universal but it's put way too far up on the pedestal.

Goofyernmost

But then you'll be lectured on how they were owned by different people at the time, so that makes it OK.

I love Universal but it's put way too far up on the pedestal.
To tell you the truth, so has Disney. At the end of the day it is a theme park and a very nice one at that. As is Universal.

To me the new queue is a very positive move and if Universal didn't exist we all would be going gaga over it. It was much needed and is a good move. There really is nothing more to it. It doesn't signify anything or even present a minor amount of evidence that anything has changed much. It's just a good thing regardless of or if someone else is perceived to be doing better.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Ssssssh don't mention they're building first class attractions every other year.

Whilst at Disney we celebrate >wait for it< a new que - a place where we line up to wait.

I don't know about you but I wasn't popping champagne over this, but it is a valuable upgrade to an absolutely terrible queue. I can be happy that they did what looks like a good job to improve the time spent in line here without announcing it is the greatest thing ever. The theme park is made up of many, many pieces, and I don't find it out of the ordinary to be happy that Disney actually improved something that needed to be improved.
Not every dollar spent needs to be spent on building e-tickets. While I agree it would be nice for all of us ultra fans if they added new attractions all the time, I don't see the harm in saying it looks like they did a good job here without yet again screaming about Universal.

Little Green Men

Don't mention that Disney's Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom are getting a big expansion or that Downtown Disney is being redone either. This thread has nothing to do with Universal and it doesn't need to be turned into another debate, it's to let us know the queue was updated which many of us didn't know was actually happening. And it is very well done so it does deserve some acknowledgement.

mikenatcity1

FYI, the new queue was closed off all day long even with massive lines. Not sure if they weren't expecting the crowds, something is down inside, or they're working on the interactive features already. But just a heads up.

I was wondering the same thing. When I went a couple weeks ago the new queue was closed off and we never got to see it :(

Little Green Men

I went on the ride today and I thought it looked better than ever. It seemed darker which hid most of the infrastructure. The volcano actually looked realistic and not like tin foil, the figures all moved well, and you couldn't tell that there are curtains dividing the scenes at the beginning. Hopefully they keep this up.

Sped2424

I went on the ride today and I thought it looked better than ever. It seemed darker which hid most of the infrastructure. The volcano actually looked realistic and not like tin foil, the figures all moved well, and you couldn't tell that there are curtains dividing the scenes at the beginning. Hopefully they keep this up.
I went on the ride on thursday, the volcano is still tin foil, the ride is still outdated, and it's still bright enough to make out everything in there. I am sorry but maybe you went when it was really bright out so the adjustment helped? But for now Peter Pan is still in dire need of a 2015 makeover.

Kman101

It looked decent last month. I believe it was brighter inside but not too bright. Before that, I last rode in May and it was extremely dark. You could barely see anything. So they clearly messed with the lighting. Could have been my eyes not adjusting/adjusting but it was noticably better in December than May.

Monkee Girl

Wish I didn't come in here so I could be surprised about the new que. The pictures look amazing and I can't wait to see it in real life. I do wish they were not doing an interactive que. Those things are annoying and, I think, hold up the line. But maybe I will be surprised. I'll be there for Easter so I can't wait to check it out.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
This sounds like it could be pretty cool:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/busi...ey-world-interactive-queue-20150116-post.html

"The queue line at the Peter Pan's Flight ride at Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom will soon get new interactive features.

Guests standing in line will see a 3-D Tinkerbell flying around Wendy's bedroom. A new technology will make it seem as though she is flying right up to people standing in line.

Also, visitors' shadows will be manipulated to make them interact with shadows of butterflies and a top hat.

And at the end of the attraction, Tinkerbell will fly by and sprinkle departing visitors with pixie dust.

The features are expected to undergo some testing during a soft opening period this weekend. Sometime next week, they should become permanent."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom