Peter Pan Queue

Voxel

President of Progress City
It's more than that, but all that is part of the formula. Anything new must also be good and strike a chord with the general public.
It's impractically and over whelming, first you must remember that Disney will not build in certain lands because it A) want's to avoid paying taxes in two counties, and B) has arrangements to maintain a certain amount natural lands.

Two be honest I don't wanna have to take my kids to 7 Disney Parks when I am thirty at one location.. That would get expensive fast.

PeterAlt

Think Vegas and how each resort on the strip is connected by monorail, people mover tram, elevated walkways with moving sidewalks. And how each resort is themed and like attractions of their own.

PeterAlt

It's impractically and over whelming, first you must remember that Disney will not build in certain lands because it A) want's to avoid paying taxes in two counties, and B) has arrangements to maintain a certain amount natural lands.

Two be honest I don't wanna have to take my kids to 7 Disney Parks when I am thirty at one location.. That would get expensive fast.
No one should be able to see all six parks when the property is all developed. That's good and part of the plan. It leaves much to see that's still "new" on the return trip!

Tom

Beta Return
Peter Pan's Pleasure Oasis

This sounds naughty.

There are only three on the strip connected by any mode of transportation other than foot or bus. Luxor, Excalibur, and Mandalay have a rail. I don't recall any of the others being connected outside of a sidewalk.

There are four people mover trams connecting various resorts, plus the monorail, plus the elevated moving sidewalks connecting blocks of connected resorts 4-ways over major street intersections. That leaves just the northernmost resorts, such as Circus Circus, unconnected.

Maybe my memory is bad or they have added all that tech, but when I was there a few years back, there was the monorail that went from the airport and the rail connecting the three above. You make it sound like you can get to most resorts on some type of moving platform. That was not the case.

There is no linear way to get from one end of the strip from the other by rail. 2 hotels will share a tram. Another few will have a monorail. A couple have moving walkways over the street. Then there are outdoor escalators taking you over streets.

One cool note....when I was there for a construction convention in 2002, we rode in the original WDW monorails, because Vegas bought them and were using them to design their track. It was fun slamming the doors and hearing them click open.

What are you saying? I don't mean to be rude, but you are talking out of both sides of your mouth. You can't have 4 parks, 3 of which are underutilized/developed and want another one for the sake of making people stay longer. DLR has 2 parks and is fraction of the size of WDW yet can get the same guest length of stay. Higher quality attractions/entertainment will always win out over a watered down larger experience.

What you need to understand is that guests will add a day to their vacations for every new park they open. So, if Disney adds 3 little parks, that turns into 7 days of parks, and NO Universal! It's simple, linear math. You build one more park, 40,000 more people will come to property and visit that park. Wash, rinse, repeat.

Keep in mind, AK was being constructed only after HS was initially expanded and the other two parks were refreshed. On top of that, new attractions were being constructed for the other three parks even as AK was being constructed. All this plus new resorts, a new water park, and Wide World of Sports.

That was the Eisner era. His head was so big it was going to explode, to the benefit of park fans. He couldn't build parks fast enough, so instead, he built two incomplete parks that were still really cool, when they opened, but have quickly lost their appeal to many. Those two parks need love, and major investments, to KEEP guests on property and in parks.

And....Peter Pan Queue.

MickeyfromSTL

I see that many people are discussing ideas about upgrades that could be used in to the attraction and/or the queue area for PP. I think there are several good ideas out there that would “plus” the experience of the attraction, but I wanted to bring up a different point that I don’t see much discussion on this thread about that goes along with the topic of the queue area.

In my opinion, the area in-between PP and IASM is the biggest bottle neck for “traffic” in the MK. Disney has taken a few positive steps in recent years to help this issue (most notably: moving the stroller parking area several years back, and the more recently the expansion of the walk way near the new Tangled castle) but I think more needs to be done.

I am not sure on the exact answer about how to fix this congestion, but in general I think the building for the PP or IASM queues need to be altered so the walk way is more open. One thought that would involve the IASM queue more than the PP queue would be to “push back” the front of the IASM building so there was virtually no “line area” area on the main walk way level. This could add a good 10+ foot of walkway.The line could then be expanded inside the building where is quite a bit of wasted space (ie the exit ramp is 8+ foot wide and winds all the way around the inside of the building…). There are many ways this IASM line could be reconfigured, but I will leave that for another thread at a different time.

jt04

I see that many people are discussing ideas about upgrades that could be used in to the attraction and/or the queue area for PP. I think there are several good ideas out there that would “plus” the experience of the attraction, but I wanted to bring up a different point that I don’t see much discussion on this thread about that goes along with the topic of the queue area.

In my opinion, the area in-between PP and IASM is the biggest bottle neck for “traffic” in the MK. Disney has taken a few positive steps in recent years to help this issue (most notably: moving the stroller parking area several years back, and the more recently the expansion of the walk way near the new Tangled castle) but I think more needs to be done.

I am not sure on the exact answer about how to fix this congestion, but in general I think the building for the PP or IASM queues need to be altered so the walk way is more open. One thought that would involve the IASM queue more than the PP queue would be to “push back” the front of the IASM building so there was virtually no “line area” area on the main walk way level. This could add a good 10+ foot of walkway.The line could then be expanded inside the building where is quite a bit of wasted space (ie the exit ramp is 8+ foot wide and winds all the way around the inside of the building…). There are many ways this IASM line could be reconfigured, but I will leave that for another thread at a different time.

Some have suggested the IASM IASW queue could be "reconfigured" to World Showcase. ;)

tl77

Another factor in this is that there has to be a rail connection between all the parks so that each park can feed and spill their attendence numbers off each other.

I think since they are expanding AK and DHS, they should also expand the Epcot monorail line to DHS and AK as well, because 1. the Epcot monorail is pretty much pointless these days 2. you should be able to arrive at all four parks by some other means than a bus, and 3. doing so would encourage park hopping and lessen the wait at the Peter Pan Queue - PAH-POW back on topic in 3 moves

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom