Peter Pan...... at Universal?

Invero

Original Poster
I just saw the new trailer for Peter Pan... looks interesting. But what I found more interesting, was that it was being done by Universal. I find this slightly humorous, especially at a time when Tinkerbell is such a popular 'Disney' character.

X2CommNavISTC

Account Suspended
Its all about rights. Remember, Disney didnt create Peter Pan itself. Disney just made the movie, the ride and, sad to say it, Return to NeverLand. Any company can pick up any right to a movie and make it.

If you want a semi-good example of this, look at Alice in Wonderland, then look at American McGee's (Think thats the name) Alice in Wonderland. Dunno if thats a good example of franchise deals but its basically a nice, peaceful version, and the evil version.

So pretty much
Disney's Peter Pan=Freindly, whole family
Uni's Peter Pan=Teen/Adult version (Gonna have a lot of action)

Invero

Original Poster
Originally posted by X2CommNavISTC
Its all about rights. Remember, Disney didnt create Peter Pan itself. Disney just made the movie, the ride and, sad to say it, Return to NeverLand. Any company can pick up any right to a movie and make it.

Oh, I know... but regardless, when you think of Peter Pan, Captain Hook, and Tinker Bell... you think Disney. *shrug* Oh well, regardless, I think I'll go see it. :)

X2CommNavISTC

Account Suspended
No not really. I think about Tristar, Robin Williams, Dustin Hoffman, Julia Roberts.

The movie otherwise known as Hook.

Dont care if its a sequel-ish type movie, still the better movie of the franchise, but thats just me.

barnum42

One great thing about any Peter Pan project is that as the author of the novel, J M Barrie gave all rights from the story to the Great Ormond Street Childrens Hospital in London - they benefit from a share of the profits.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom