1. The new WDWMAGIC app for iPhone and iPad is now available on the App Store.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Perfect Packing List

Discussion in 'WDW Trip Planning' started by KrzyKtty, Mar 14, 2017.

1. KrzyKtty

KrzyKtty Well-Known Member

I am now officially less than 90 days till DW day, bored at work, and impatient. So, I am getting together my perfect packing list. It made me think of all of those items we pack that might seem strange, impracticable, or even ingenuous to others.

What are the off the wall things you can't go to Disney without?

I don't have any historically really, but I would like to know yours! This year though we are going with one of those Running Buddy magnetic pouches instead of the dreaded f@nny pack.

DiSnEyF@n and Tony the Tigger like this.
  2. TDGMedley

TDGMedley Active Member

Last time we went i looked on Pinterest. I got ideas on helping me pack for my kids and really made things easy. I know Im not answering the question. Need more info, How many people are going, any kids?

3. KrzyKtty

KrzyKtty Well-Known Member Original Poster

Two adults and two children. One boy 8, and one girl 4.

I have a basic list, but some people have those awesome items that they bring that someone else would never think of you know!

I know one person said they bring glow sticks to save on the night time glow toys.

TDGMedley likes this.
  4. MightyMouse

MightyMouse Well-Known Member

I too was going to suggest Dollar Store glow sticks/bracelets. So if that is already one of the top answers on the board then I will go with... Show me Dollar Store rain ponchos Steve!!!

(on a separate note, I need to start watching less Family Feud :confused:)

5. Tony the Tigger

Tony the Tigger Well-Known Member

I have a stockpile of those because "one time" I went to dollar tree before a trip and couldn't find them LOL. That will never happen again!

6. KrzyKtty

The dollar store rain ponchos are probably a great idea. At least then you don't feel bad throwing it away rather than trying to pack the dang wet thing up for the rest of the day.

7. Tony the Tigger

Tony the Tigger Well-Known Member

I guess this is kind of odd: when we bring our dog, I have to bring a can of tuna fish.

She usually gets a little anxious on the trip, rarely eats anything at Best Friends Pet Care, and sometimes won't even eat back at the hotel afterwards – even if we mix the wet food in with the dry.

Put the juice from the can of tuna on her dry food, and nothing will stop her from eating that LOL. And it's cheaper than most wet dog food!

KrzyKtty likes this.
  8. ratherbeinwdw

ratherbeinwdw Well-Known Member

They have disposable ponchos with actual sleeves on Amazon. They come in all colors. I like them because water doesn't get in the sides. They are sealed on the sides.

Vaughnhammer and Tony the Tigger like this.
  9. Patcheslee

Patcheslee Active Member

Ear plugs, sometimes DD8 doesn't like firework noise other times she could care less.

10. LAKid53

LAKid53 Well-Known Member

I hate to admit this (must be the **** retentive accountant in me), but I made up a Disney packing list (clothes, food, other essentials) on the computer and printed out several copies which are now on a clipboard hanging on a hook in my closet. I left space to add stuff for a particular trip (Halloween costume and the like). I just cross stuff off the list as I pack. Unlike my daughter, I've never forgotten to pack toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, hair brush or underwear (yes, she actually forgot to pack them for a week's trip to Colorado - must have been the excitement about the snow, lol). I've perfected my list over the years - but I still end up bringing too much....

Nice to know Amazon has ponchos with sleeves - I hate the $1.99 specials from the grocery store....

LowesChevy likes this.
  11. dig311dug

dig311dug Well-Known Member

12. LAKid53

LAKid53 Well-Known Member

13. Patcheslee

Patcheslee Active Member

It's not just you, I have a list just to make sure we don't make it all the way there or home and forget some random beloved toy that DD can't go anywhere without.

LAKid53 likes this.
  14. MickeyMomV

MickeyMomV Well-Known Member

These may be no brainer items but we pack no less than 3 pairs of shoes/sandals per person, including the DS (12). And we pack good socks (no cotton) otherwise the blisters start to come out by day 3 or 4. Like anybody else I love a good poncho but I can deal with being wet for a couple of hours but walking around on blisters for 3-5 days is painful!!

KrzyKtty and Susan Savia like this.
  15. yensid67

yensid67 Well-Known Member

I don't have a packing list because its just me that I'm packing for. But even though it's just me I do forget things! What I do is sit down and plan each day out. What I am wearing that day, what shoes, etc. I pack my luggage according to how many days I am traveling for. So many underwear, jeans, socks, shoes and shirts. The same can be used for anything from clothes to food to snacks! You should not forget anything. I usually PACK luggage a week before so I have a week before leaving to tweak my packing!

16. TDGMedley

TDGMedley Active Member

bubbles, my kids are 4 and 2 and it helps with passing the time. don't for get about the penny presses. i got ideas to pack kids cloths in zip lock bags, so everyone know what they will be wearing. it helped me with knowing how many outfits i had. Im a big over packer and putting it in bags found it took up less space in bags. and i have smaller kids to i also had a bag if cloths got messy.

xdan0920 and KrzyKtty like this.
  17. KrzyKtty

I am sooo stealing the baggies idea!

TDGMedley likes this.
  18. mmnw

mmnw Member

I always use baggies for clothes. Great when kids are younger. I could hand the bags to my husband and take a shower. I use and reuse the bags for everything.

Which Amazon ponchos are best?

19. KrzyKtty

Don't know about best, but I was thinking of getting these. They got good reviews.

https://www.amazon.com/Premium-Eco-...=8-1&keywords=disposable+ponchos+with+sleeves

I might get these for the kids though. I'm not sure about "cutting" the others down to size in the middle of a park you know?
    https://www.amazon.com/Rain-Poncho-...9498&sr=8-1&keywords=child+disposable+ponchos

20. Hulacat

Hulacat Active Member

THANK you for the idea of the Running Buddy, I was almost about to buy the (insert scary horror movie music here) ***** pack.
    ***I always pack a few Clorox or other sanitizing wipes in a snack sized plastic bag to wipe down the remote, door handles and other commonly touched items in the hotel room. Plus a few Wet Wipes in my bag for wiping hands before quick service meals.