People stealing resort towels, is it that big of an issue for Disney?

I am Timmy

I can't imagine that there are a great many towel thieves at the resorts. Frankly, they're no different than most other hotel towels. Unmarked, plain, basic towels. I know that at some hotels housekeeping keeps track of the towels in each room, and they will bill guests when there is a discrepancy. Same for hotel bathrobes. Don't know if Disney resort housekeepers keep a similar tally.
We never stole bathrobes, but we do each own (four of us) a Tower of Terror bathrobe that we bought years ago, along with a plush set of towels from same ride for each of us. We still have them, they are still in great shape, and we love them dearly. This is where I plug (again) the idea of a Tower of Terror resort, or a Haunted Mansion resort. Either one.

MickeyMomV

My DS has a washcloth Mouse in his room as a reminder of a trip a couple of years ago when we stayed at AKL. Otherwise, like others have said, the towels are nothing special.

It seems like 15 years or so ago they had "Disney" towels. They were either embroidered with Disney or maybe had a Disney Tag on them? I remember thinking those would be the ones to take but there were still your basic resort hotel towel.

Tony the Tigger

This grosses me out so much. DH is a bit of a klepto and has taken towels from other hotels.

I won't use any white towels in our house! :(

I don't even like to think about using a towel in a hotel that so many other people have used before. When I remember, I bring my own towel.

I can afford to buy my own new towels if we need them LOL.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Germaphobes unite! ;)
tumblr_static_tumblr_static_9w4b9j2pbyo8c4s8wsk8044sc_640.gif

:D

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I can't imagine that there are a great many towel thieves at the resorts. Frankly, they're no different than most other hotel towels. Unmarked, plain, basic towels. I know that at some hotels housekeeping keeps track of the towels in each room, and they will bill guests when there is a discrepancy. Same for hotel bathrobes. Don't know if Disney resort housekeepers keep a similar tally.

I'm sure Disney track the robes in the rooms at the GF, but it's probably difficult to track towels. I've brought the towel back with me from the gym because I don't want to sweat all over the elevator. I took a wash cloth with me during the races this past weekend to wipe the sweat off my face while running. One of them ended up in the trash because I dropped it on the ground. How many people take a towel from the pool back with them to their room?

But yeah, the towels Disney stocks aren't ones I want to steal. But the occasional wash cloth/hand towel has ended up in my luggage, because I've wrapped it around something fragile....

Jahona

How many people take a towel from the pool back with them to their room?

I've done this one. Although I've also walked back to the pool to return it later that day.... Although I also figure that the pool towels were slightly different than the room ones and that the cleaning crew probably new the difference.

Polydweller

Lots of talk about the towels not being good enough to steal but as a hotelier I can say that that doesn't matter. People will steal anything. Would you steal single ply toilet paper, probably not but people do. Exactly why? Just because they can.

JerseyDad

.....not fer' nuthin' ....but I wouldn't dry my car with the towels that are at the resorts!!

.....my 56 yr old skin however ...is another story :D .....it can use the occasional sanding down.

Marc Levin

I just want to say that I think Disney has got really great towels in their hotel rooms. And it got me to thinking, how do they prevent people from stealing them on a regular basis?

I would say they know how many towels are meant to be in the room after checkout, and they know where you live, but I guess people take them to the pool and leave them there so it would be difficult to know for sure.

Given this, I'd imagine that the room cost simply includes a cover charge for things like the towels.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom