Pedal Boats?

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
I know motorized boards are all the rage, but do they have pedal boats for rent at any resorts? I see folks struggling with the surrey bikes and was thinking we might like pedal boats instead. I can't recall seeing any.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
I know motorized boards are all the rage, but do they have pedal boats for rent at any resorts? I see folks struggling with the surrey bikes and was thinking we might like pedal boats instead. I can't recall seeing any.
Neither do I -- I think pedal boats have an issue when it comes to renting them by the half-hour.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Years and years ago we took out our family of 4 at Dixie Landings on the river now POR. It was a perk in our package. Never again. The river has current and it was major physical work not fun. I can't sayi recall seeing them as of late. Could be work or gators.

As for Surreys we had one for 6 at Boardwalk. Nasty work up and down slopes Never again.

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
Years and years ago we took out our family of 4 at Dixie Landings on the river now POR. It was a perk in our package. Never again. The river has current and it was major physical work not fun. I can't sayi recall seeing them as of late. Could be work or gators.

As for Surreys we had one for 6 at Boardwalk. Nasty work up and down slopes Never again.
I see people struggling on those hills. It seems like the surreys look fun until you try them.

Deno

I see people struggling on those hills. It seems like the surreys look fun until you try them.

They're brilliant......but only if the whole family put the effort in....

Mine usually don't...they prefer to just laugh at me huffing and puffing up those slopes :D

The downhills are fun though

21stamps

I love surrey bikes, we have them all over my city.. but, I've only done them with adults or tweens/teens. If you have two adults who can peddle well, they're great!

If not, maybe regular bikes? Or canoes? I think Ft Wilderness still has canoe rentals.

I wish Disney would get something like this for the Boardwalk or even an area in DS.. these are a blast!

IMG_5607.JPG

mdubm

I love surrey bikes, we have them all over my city.. but, I've only done them with adults or tweens/teens. If you have two adults who can peddle well, they're great!

If not, maybe regular bikes? Or canoes? I think Ft Wilderness still has canoe rentals.

I wish Disney would get something like this for the Boardwalk or even an area in DS.. these are a blast!

View attachment 206241
I'm with you on the pedal pubs! They're so fun! Kinda surprised Disney hasn't jumped on those yet.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR

It was even kinda hard and we did them at Christmas time in the 70's. And some guests haven't been on a bike in years and are not in condition to peddle a boat or a Surrey. I watch people struggle too at Port Orleans Resorts to as there are slopes an bridges. Add in humidity and I can see why people opt for the cute little boats for recreation.

21stamps

I happen to enjoy the surrey bikes. Last time we went the missus was 7 months pregnant with the twins and was just along for the ride. Those hills are cake. What are you all talking about with struggling?

To be fair, I wonder the same when I see runners at Disney post a similar comment.lol

I'm somewhat athletic and haven't tried a surrey bike with just myself as the driver though.

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
I should add we are staying at the BoardWalk in August with 4-year old twins lol. Those hill-bridges look killer.

Maybe we will settle on surreys at Wilderness Lodge at Christmas :)

21stamps

I should add we are staying at the BoardWalk in August with 4-year old twins lol. Those hill-bridges look killer.

Maybe we will settle on surreys at Wilderness Lodge at Christmas :)

I don't think WL has surrey bikes.. but I might be wrong.

With 2 adults, and 2 4 year olds, you will be totallly fine on those "Hills"!! The bikes aren't that heavy.

Courtney6682

We have done both pedal boats and surrey rentals and the surrey was by far easier! We rented a pedal boat in 2014 at OKW for literally 3 mins lol... we were DYING! So we returned it and got a full refund. The surrey's are much easier in my opinion and I am in no way in great shape

nickys

Premium Member
Maybe I'm blind but I don't see WL listed? Where can you rent them while there? This would be good future info!

OK. This was from the WL page. I see your point, it isn't listed, however it isn't currently listed under bike rentals either and they definitely do them. Maybe just because it's closed at the moment. :(

So it's a case of maybe they do, maybe they don't? Hopefully @MansionButler84 was right on this one ( and no reason to think otherwise)!

21stamps

OK. This was from the WL page. I see your point, it isn't listed, however it isn't currently listed under bike rentals either and they definitely do them. Maybe just because it's closed at the moment. :(

So it's a case of maybe they do, maybe they don't? Hopefully @MansionButler84 was right on this one ( and no reason to think otherwise)!

I was curious because we stayed at WL this past December and I didn't see them. Wasn't sure if it was something new. Regular bikes were there, we rented them and took a ride to FW. It was great!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom