Pecos Bill Cafe closing for short refurbishment to launch new menu

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member

habuma

I have no strong opinion either way. We've never bothered eating at Pecos Bill's, but I've often wanted to try it to see if I could understand the appeal that the fixin's bar has for so many other people. That said, having one less place that can be identified as "theme park burgers" sounds like a win, and I generally prefer southwest food over burgers anyway, so maybe this new menu is a win. I can't say for sure until I try it.

Of course, the bigger win would be for Tortuga Tavern to be open more with those kinds of menu items and letting Pecos Bill's retain its current menu. And while I'm daydreaming, keeping Tomorrowland Terrace and Aunt Polly's open wouldn't be so horrible either. I often wonder, while standing in line for "quick" service, why those places aren't open to absorb some of the hungry crowds.

COProgressFan

I welcome the change. Pecos Bill's has always been a place we frequented, though in the last few years the variety has disappeared (Taco salad and chicken wrap are gone, for example).

Hopefully there will be a good variety in the new offerings. For the largest fast food location on the west side of the park (and really the only one, since Tortuga is usually closed most of the year) they need to have a good number of options. It's always a bit disappointing when a large place like that only has a small number of meal choices.

COProgressFan

Of course, the bigger win would be for Tortuga Tavern to be open more with those kinds of menu items and letting Pecos Bill's retain its current menu. And while I'm daydreaming, keeping Tomorrowland Terrace and Aunt Polly's open wouldn't be so horrible either. I often wonder, while standing in line for "quick" service, why those places aren't open to absorb some of the hungry crowds.

Believe me, you're preaching to the choir here. Last year we had to deal with a queued line out the door at Pecos (in what wasn't an especially crowded day), and the impossible task of finding seating at dinner time. There clearly is demand to open additional locations, but they've made the decision to prioritize "operational efficiency" over "guest service".

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
It sounds a bit healthier than the typical mechanized garbage they serve. Let's hope!!!
You would be surprised. That "Healthy" steak burrito from Chipotle with just the normal fixings comes in at a little over 1300 calories. You can punch it up to 1800 with just a few tweaks.

A 1/2 pound bacon cheeseburger at 5 Guys with absolutely everything they have in the building comes in at 1050.

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
You would be surprised. That "Healthy" steak burrito from Chipotle with just the normal fixings comes in at a little over 1300 calories. You can punch it up to 1800 with just a few tweaks.

A 1/2 pound bacon cheeseburger at 5 Guys with absolutely everything they have in the building comes in at 1050.

Oh yeah, I know, not a surprise to me. I get a salad with no rice, fajita veggies and meat at Chipotle. :) healthy is about more than just calories though. This option sounds healthier and tastier than the average counter service meal but since Disney don't publish their nutritional info we'll likely never know. I doubt they plan to change how the food is sourced so it will probably come out in a wash, tasty but still unhealthy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom