Past Attractions OUTSIDE of the Parks

TopOfTheWorld

Original Poster
I'm sure that we can all talk forever about the rides that we miss, or shouldn't have changed, but what about things outside of the theme parks that have changed?

I'm going to nominate a family favorite - Minnie Mia's Pizzeria in DTD. Best food in the World.

Sketch105

I actually miss the Virgin Megastore. Does that count? Something about having books, CDs, music and everything in one place with a variety better than Best Buy was an attraction to me. Always stopped in when I went.

disney4life2008

The Disney Village Marketplace - circa (everything before DTD theming)

Pleasure Island - as soon as I turned 21 and was able to enjoy what the island had to offer they closed. I envy those that got to experience the island as an adult and the clubs. I did experience PI 2000 the fireworks everynight.

LondonGopher

the AC, of course..

other than that, King Henry's Feast.

My family went to KHF when I was about 12, I remember feeling very grown-up at the cocktail hour, and I was sure that I would be offered a glass of mead...how disappointed I felt when the "wench" asked me if I would like a "kiddie cocktail", instead...(I recently stumbled on a photo of that evening, perhaps her offer had something to do with the fact that I was a twelve-year-old, wearing a sweatshirt covered with cartoon pandas...).

Seriously, though - we had a fab time at the Feast, I can still remember chanting, "Bring on the Next Remove...".

I was so disappointed when I found out that KHF had closed when we took DS (6) to Orlando in 2012. I tried to explain its appeal to my (English) husband. He was...bemused.

The thing I miss most though, is Church Street Station, as it was in its heyday. We always went to Rosie O'Grady's first...do you remember the song, "We'd like to welcome everybody to Rosie O'Grady's, the place where all the good times are..."...and the can-can dancers...it was so much fun.

One night after leaving Rosie's, we wandered over to the Cheyenne Saloon, where JERRY REED was singing "East Bound and Down". My brother was little, and only knew JR from his guest appearance on Scooby Doo...

Good times, I miss them.

disney4life2008

My family went to KHF when I was about 12, I remember feeling very grown-up at the cocktail hour, and I was sure that I would be offered a glass of mead...how disappointed I felt when the "wench" asked me if I would like a "kiddie cocktail", instead...(I recently stumbled on a photo of that evening, perhaps her offer had something to do with the fact that I was a twelve-year-old, wearing a sweatshirt covered with cartoon pandas...).

Seriously, though - we had a fab time at the Feast, I can still remember chanting, "Bring on the Next Remove...".

I was so disappointed when I found out that KHF had closed when we took DS (6) to Orlando in 2012. I tried to explain its appeal to my (English) husband. He was...bemused.

The thing I miss most though, is Church Street Station, as it was in its heyday. We always went to Rosie O'Grady's first...do you remember the song, "We'd like to welcome everybody to Rosie O'Grady's, the place where all the good times are..."...and the can-can dancers...it was so much fun.

One night after leaving Rosie's, we wandered over to the Cheyenne Saloon, where JERRY REED was singing "East Bound and Down". My brother was little, and only knew JR from his guest appearance on Scooby Doo...

Good times, I miss them.

I am sure I am in the severe minority but I miss the old Orlando (circa <2001). I miss the old 192 - the roach motels, the terrible gift shops, people selling oranges in the bag on the street, lol - but serious. 192 has cleaned up a lot recently and only time will tell- the once cheap hotels will be expensive

kap91

I am sure I am in the severe minority but I miss the old Orlando (circa <2001). I miss the old 192 - the roach motels, the terrible gift shops, people selling oranges in the bag on the street, lol - but serious. 192 has cleaned up a lot recently and only time will tell- the once cheap hotels will be expensive

Well at least two of those things still exist in droves all over the city. And I'm sure there's still plenty of roach motels if you want that kind of thing.

onesandzeros

I might have the dates wrong but I'm almost certain it's now gone unless they've planted lots foliage around it

As I understand it, a hurricane damaged the tree and it was taken down. However,
they left the stump of the tree and you can still find the lawnmower in it.

I miss the jogging trail between the Contemporary and Fort Wilderness Campground.

Last edited:

kap91

As I understand it, a tornado damaged the tree and it was taken down. However,
they left the stump of the tree and you can still find the lawnmower in it.

I miss the jogging trail between the Contemporary and Fort Wilderness Campground.

I'm familiar with the stump but the last few times I've been unable to find it either. It's possible I've just really misplaced it but it was never that difficult for me to find before.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom