Past AP Rates?

MikeVarney

I have made reservations for the All-Star Movies resort for December 12-20 2001. AAA gave me a rate of $77 a night, which includes taxes (normal rate apparently is $77 BEFORE taxes). My question is that a 5 day park hopper will run me about $220 (AAA rate). Does anyone know what the Annual Pass rates last year were for this hotel at this time in December? I'm trying to figure if I should buy an Annual Pass for just myself ($350) in order to get the discounted rates - - for example if the rate is $10 cheaper than AAA's rate, that would be 8 times $10 or an $80 savings. Add in the souvenier savings (we're getting Disney presents for everyone at the holidays due to the time of year we're going there), and all the other perks, and spending the $130 may make sense.

Does anyone have the rates for last year? Has anyone put them on a web site out there?

Thanks all...

-- Mike Varney

faithful

Older copies of the Birnbaum Guidebook show the prices in place at the time they were published. The 2001 guide which printed at the end of 2000 shows a price of $343.44 for the regular and $460.07 for the premium. I believe the Disney Club card may offer a discount on the pass. I know prices have increased since the 2001 book published.;)

Upvote 0

MrPromey

I don't know about the room rates but to add to what the other person was saying about the passes: They also offer a discount on the annual with AAA... That is, in case you haven't signed up for the new Disney Club program

Upvote 0

faithful

Florida residents also get a discount. They need to show proof with a driver' license, college idea utility bill, voting card or something of the sort. I have tried to figure out how to get around this need but have been unsuccessful:( . The discount is very BIG.

Upvote 0

scan_man

The Rate for an Annual Pass Rate through the Disney Club is

Premium $475.97
including admission to to the Magic Kingdom® Park, Epcot®, Disney-MGM Studios, Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park, Downtown Disney Pleasure Island®, Disney's Water Parks: Disney's Blizzard Beach, Disney's Typhoon Lagoon, and Disney's River Country (open seasonally); plus Disney's Wide World of Sports™ Complex, as well as complimentary parking.
(Copied directly off the Disneyclub page)

Regular $354.04
unlimited admission* to the Magic Kingdom® Park, Epcot®, Disney-MGM Studios and Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park, as well as complimentary parking.
(Also Cut from the webpage)
The Prices are Total Including Sales Tax. So Ruffly what Florida Residents Pay for the Pass as well.
Or the Alternative is to go for the Deluex Package
for 3 night is ruffly about $900 pp

Upvote 0

faithful

according to the wdw web site (when you click on the state of florida) the annual pass rates for florida residents are as follows...premium pass $389. Regular pass $289. Seasonal pass $179. 4 day pass $99. I have got to move to Florida.

Upvote 0

MikeVarney

Original Poster
Rates...

I can get the AP through my AAA membership... but my question was more if anyone had the AP rates for the All Star Movies resort for last year. In order to figure out if the AP is going to be worth it, I'd like to use last year's AP rate at the All Star Movies (seeing how this year looks to be a softer year than last, the rate could possibly be the same this year)

Upvote 0

faithful

Last December the "rack rate" for the All Star was $77 up until December 20. If anyone remembers the discount level AP Holders received last year in December you can calculate it yourself.:eek:

Upvote 0

MrPromey

Faithful, living in florida, I forget that everyone doesn't already pay that lower price to begin with. The AAA discount applies on top of that price too. The easiest way to do it in FL would probably be to get a FL drivers License. Do you know anyone anywhere in FL that you could as a primary address? This sounds really sneaky but when you consider that it only costs about $20 and a state license is good for 4 years before renewal, you are talking about some big discounts. They also run discounts on WDW rooms for FL residents. If you were down here enough to get full use of the pass, having to FL license probably wouldn't even be as underhanded as it sounds ;)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom