Passholder Room Discounts non-existant???

HiYa Pal

I just spent the last hour trying multiple dates from this weekend through the end of the year and almost nothing was available except maybe one or two deluxe villa resorts (and I'm not looking to pay $2,000 a night even if that's a discounted rate!??!?!)....usually some others will come up as not available for this promotion and just show the rack rate, but even that wasn't showing up for almost any of them.....are the resorts really THAT full?? Is there an issue with the computers and this happens from time to time?? I've never had this happen in 6 years of being a passholder....for me, the reason for having my pass is weekend trips, I'm just a 3 hour drive away, and finding a resort on property with a discount is key, if that's going away, its going to be VERY hard for me to renew my pass....

jaklgreen

It seems like I am never able to get a passholder discount on any of my trips. Either its the wrong dates or the wrong resort. I think it is kind of crappy how they say it is a benefit of having an annual pass but has such small availability for it.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
AP discounts have been decreasing over the past few years.

First and foremost, make sure there is an offer for your travel dates. Many AP offers come out only around 30-60 days in advance. If your dates are 6 months down the road an offer simply might not be out yet.

All promotions are based on booking rates. The resorts that are meeting their booking projections will not offer a discount. The moderates and values have been booking well at full price making promotions of any kind harder to come by.

With AP discounts dwindling, you should only get an AP if is makes sense solely based on ticket prices. If you must have an AP discount to break even, getting an AP hoping for one might not be the best way to go.

Upvote 0

kels650

I always have better luck getting passholder rates when I call, but it is harder when you have a specific resort in mind. I generally have 4-5 places I love to stay and end up getting at least one for a good rate.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

I can tell you October has been NUTS in terms of finding availability at any of the resorts. Some November and December dates are booking quickly as well from what I can see. I don't have a complete overview, this is just from running availability for different clients at different times. You may do better by either booking through a travel agent ( and yes we at Kingdom Konsultant Travel do apply the Passholder discount, if available) or contacting Disney directly by phone to see if they can do a broader search. Best of luck!!! Marie

Upvote 0

ToTBellHop

This is why Sandy and I became DVC members, two years ago. As Master Yoda has said - AP discounts have decreased. They are now just about identical to GP discounts. We still have APs - but just for the PARK ENTRANCE value. Being DVC members, we don't even need APs for the TIW discount. Today, an AP should be evaluated SOLELY for it's value as a discounted Park Ticket.
I enjoy the dining and merch discounts, too, but yes.

Upvote 0

JasonDeyoung

I've never had an issue finding a AP discount and I go all the time. Might just be the dates you're searching and they haven't released more rooms maybe? I did have a harder time for next week but that's just because of F&W and the Halloween party which unexpected But I also did notice more resorts opening randomly throughout the week

Upvote 0

HiYa Pal

Original Poster
I usually have no pre-determined resort, I like bouncing around and trying different ones, it just so happens that my favorites usually end up being the least expensive ;) It was just so strange that only one or two resorts showed up on ANY dates I searched through the end of the year. I enjoy staying on property for the additional benefits as well as the true sense of escape that it provides, versus getting in my car and getting on I4 to come in from a Howard Johnson on International Drive. I've dropped some serious cash on quite a few of these weekend trips when I wanted something a bit more special, so its not that I'm cheap, but like jaklgreen said, its advertised as a benefit of the pass.

Upvote 0

FrostyNaples

Probably just timing, and the rooms are filled.

Had no issue getting AP room offer for our late November early December trip coming up for POFQ.

Buy then again, we booked the regular rate months ago, then converted to AP rate the moment the specials hit.

Upvote 0

ToTBellHop

Probably just timing, and the rooms are filled.

Had no issue getting AP room offer for our late November early December trip coming up for POFQ.

Buy then again, we booked the regular rate months ago, then converted to AP rate the moment the specials hit.
Exactly--that seems to be the key. Booking when the deals drop. My impression is that the number of rooms included in deals has declined in recent years. You can still get a great deal, but you need to be prepared to book when the deals release (which, thankfully, is somewhat predictable).

Upvote 0

kels650

Does anyone have an idea of when rates starting in Jan 2015 may be released? I have a vacation planned and booked but I have been waiting to see the rates to make potential changes/find a better deal.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Kels, There is a room only discount offer out as of this morning for the General Public. Contact your favorite KK Agent at 1866-566-7858 for a quote. If and when AP discounts are released you can certainly look to see if the deal is better or not, with our assistance and if it requires a move to a different resort or room type. In the meantime you do have some discount and can start your planning!!! Marie

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

I am not sure this will be the best offer, but it is available now and if a new offer comes out later you can always change this offer for that one. Marie

Upvote 0

FrostyNaples

Thank you for responding, I am excited! I love trying to find deals, it is getting harder and harder now so I get overly excited when I get a good one.

I'm in the same boat. Looking for late Feb.

The current public promotions that just hit today for my dates, are not even worth booking 'ahead' of time.

At least not for us, and the short stay we wish to plan. If the deal doesn't come up, we don't have go :cool:

Upvote 0

kels650

I am not sure this will be the best offer, but it is available now and if a new offer comes out later you can always change this offer for that one. Marie

The hard part about this trip is that it is Jan 2-8th. Unfortunately I can not be flexible with the dates because a member of my party is a teacher and cannot go any other time (I guess her school district has rules about how/when she can use vacation days.) So the deals that are out right now, although they are somewhat decent, require me to split my trip reservations so I have a reservation 2-5th and then another 5-8 because they would not give me any discount for the days before the 5th when all the new ones are being offered.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

I gotcha, Unfortunately usually the dates wont change from offer to offer either, or if anything will be more limited in terms of availability the longer you wait. I hope you get the dates you are looking for!!! Marie

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom