Passholder Lines

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So they ask for the card? What about those that don't have a current card - since they no longer send those?

We got ours at guest services on our first visit with the new pass.

We were told to just hold onto our card when we renewed in person. So... the card really doesn't expire, AFAIK. Which means that either: they have to simply trust you're an active AP holder when they see you flash the card, and if they doubt you, scan it; OR... the yellow one is the current one for an unspecified amount of time, and when it expires, everyone gets a new looking one.

Luxe

We were told to just hold onto our card when we renewed in person. So... the card really doesn't expire, AFAIK. Which means that either: they have to simply trust you're an active AP holder when they see you flash the card, and if they doubt you, scan it; OR... the yellow one is the current one for an unspecified amount of time, and when it expires, everyone gets a new looking one.
I could be wrong but I think my yellow card says 2016-2017 on the back.

Fun story, the passholder sign at MK tried to run away yesterday morning. One second it was sitting there peacefully and the next it was barreling down towards the guests in the morning security line. Thankfully an observant CM sprinted over and dove in front of the rogue sign to save the guests just in time. Steve, the hero we need, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero, he's a silent guardian, a watchful protector.

Tony the Tigger

Maybe when you renew it, you can keep using it? We have never renewed, we take a little break in-between AP's. (It used to be a year off, but it keeps getting shorter LOL.)

Seanual757

They were letting you use this line if you had the orange "Annual Passholder" charm on your magic band.

Yea I would like to know because we have the old yellow cards, if needed I will use my app to show my pass in MDE guess we should head to guest relations and pick up new cards. Not sure why they do not ships cards with the AP renewals when our new bands arrive.

Kman101

They don't ask for the discount card. They hold your ticket card that shows the annual passholder logo on the front. That's all. You don't need that black discount card. And you don't need that card anymore for the discounts, just show your hard ticket. If your with someone who's not a passholder they aren't going to prevent you from entering and send you to another line. Clearly they often let others in when the lines get too long.

NearTheEars

They don't ask for the discount card. They hold your ticket card that shows the annual passholder logo on the front. That's all. You don't need that black discount card. And you don't need that card anymore for the discounts, just show your hard ticket. If your with someone who's not a passholder they aren't going to prevent you from entering and send you to another line. Clearly they often let others in when the lines get too long.

Figured this question would come up. We were only shipped bands the past two times. We had to go and get a hard ticket at a booth in order to get one. I wonder how many folks don't even have one.

Forget the line, It's more important to go grab one for the discounts since retail CMs ask to see it every time.

Kman101

Well, I've always picked my pass up at the window, so I've had both the card and the band. I didn't see an option for me to get the band yet on the website this time. I'd recommend getting the ticket itself just to have it because yes they do ask to see it for the discount and for the passholder only entry.

Tony the Tigger

Well, I've always picked my pass up at the window, so I've had both the card and the band. I didn't see an option for me to get the band yet on the website this time. I'd recommend getting the ticket itself just to have it because yes they do ask to see it for the discount and for the passholder only entry.

This is one thing I'd like to see them clean up if it's feasible. If they can scan your magic band at the parking tollbooths to see if you are an annual pass holder, they really should be able to do the same thing in the stores.

Last year, I guess we didn't buy much using the AP discount (we also use the Chase Visa discount sometimes) and it wasn't until the last day of our last trip of the year that we went to buy a few things and were asked for the hard card. I had no clue. They gave us the discount anyway both times, but one cast member was very nice about it and the other was kind of annoyed about it. When we got home, I was looking through everything – old magic band boxes, usual storage spots, etc. I didn't think we had ever received cards, but wasn't sure.

So this time I made sure to ask for it when we exchanged our vouchers on the first trip of the new AP!

Kman101

This is one thing I'd like to see them clean up if it's feasible. If they can scan your magic band at the parking tollbooths to see if you are an annual pass holder, they really should be able to do the same thing in the stores.

Last year, I guess we didn't buy much using the AP discount (we also use the Chase Visa discount sometimes) and it wasn't until the last day of our last trip of the year that we went to buy a few things and were asked for the hard card. I had no clue. They gave us the discount anyway both times, but one cast member was very nice about it and the other was kind of annoyed about it. When we got home, I was looking through everything – old magic band boxes, usual storage spots, etc. I didn't think we had ever received cards, but wasn't sure.

So this time I made sure to ask for it when we exchanged our vouchers on the first trip of the new AP!

I agree, they should be able to scan your band and give you the discount that way.

DougK

I agree, they should be able to scan your band and give you the discount that way.

The technology is already there, they just don't want to do it. Many thousands of AP holders forget to ask for the discounts which adds up to millions of dollars a year for Disney. So they make it a little more difficult while still offering the discounts. It's a win-win...for Disney.

disney4life2008

The technology is already there, they just don't want to do it. Many thousands of AP holders forget to ask for the discounts which adds up to millions of dollars a year for Disney. So they make it a little more difficult while still offering the discounts. It's a win-win...for Disney.

It also depends on the cm. Some will ask are you part of a discount program or simply are you a passed. Be believe i am using my discounts this year lol

Disney-Trains

Many times the CM's checking for passes have no idea what a Premier Pass is. It's clear all they have been told is "look for this orange and yellow card." So far I've only used the pass line at EPCOT, it's the only one I've seen a benefit at. Obviously that's just luck of the draw from day to day.

tsaintc

Yea I would like to know because we have the old yellow cards, if needed I will use my app to show my pass in MDE guess we should head to guest relations and pick up new cards. Not sure why they do not ships cards with the AP renewals when our new bands arrive.

Just returned home from a 13 day holiday trip to WDW. My family has the orange AP sliders on our bands, and we did not have to show our cards once to use the pass holder entrance.

Simba's Mom

I used the AP line today at the Magic Kingdom, what a disappointment! First of all, they sent all AP holders to a line way at the opposite end from the buses. Since there were about 15-20 people in every line, I figured that at least the line I went to would be shorter. Well, the AP line was the longest and slowest-moving. No, they weren't asking for the cards and I find it hard to believe that several of the people I saw trying to scan their bands were experienced. Maybe I just had the misfortune of getting behind a whole bunch of first time at the parks/first time AP purchasers.

Luxe

Just returned home from a 13 day holiday trip to WDW. My family has the orange AP sliders on our bands, and we did not have to show our cards once to use the pass holder entrance.
I also use my orange magic band slider. The problem is I only have one AP slider but many different magic bands. It's a huge PITA trying to remember to swap it from band to band. The card comes in handy when you forget to swap it.

disneyhusker

It is being reported that starting 12/21 each park will have entrance lines just for annual passholders.
I am at MK today. The line is near the left side but between other lines. Just as long a line as others because some people around me said it didn't matter if u were AP or not. I kept my mouth shut and asked a CM who looked in like he was in charge. He said they can't enforce it and about 73% of the people in line have been AP. Can't enforce it? Post another CM or more signs or move the line or make people start over on another line if they cheat or are just ignorant. I love the idea if enforced.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
I am at MK today. The line is near the left side but between other lines. Just as long a line as others because some people around me said it didn't matter if u were AP or not. I kept my mouth shut and asked a CM who looked in like he was in charge. He said they can't enforce it and about 73% of the people in line have been AP. Can't enforce it? Post another CM or more signs or move the line or make people start over on another line if they cheat or are just ignorant. I love the idea if enforced.

I don't know what's worse, that it's not being enforced or that a CM would actually come out and say that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom