Passed ROFR!

ncstate7991

Original Poster
Short story ... Passed ROFR at BWV. Longer story below:

First of all, a big thank you to the people on these boards. Your posts, threads, and responses (even if it was to a thread I didn't start or ask a question in) have been very helpful in gaining a better understanding of DVC and how it works. We debated and studied the purchase for over a year, and when the rule changes by Disney came out we decided if the right contract came-up we were going to purchase it because we may use points once or twice for DCL. Thanks to these boards, I do know using points for DCL is not be the wisest use of points, but I wanted that flexibility.

In late fall 2010, we determined that BWV and BLT were the two resorts we were going to consider due to the ability to walk to one or two theme parks. Side note, we did consider BCV, but higher cost and further from HS. For our family this is a very large purchase so I wanted to "test drive" both resorts before sinking that much money into a home resort. We know that over time we will probably have the ability to stay at each DVC resort if we book at the 7 month window; however, I like being able to know the worst case scenario. Plus we are going to frequently visit in September and the first two weeks of December. Another thing we learned from these boards was it is hard to get reservations at your non-home DVC resorts during those first two weeks of December.

In March of this year we stayed at both BWV and BLT. After staying at both we determined that BLT was not worth the additional points per night and higher point cost. Plus we didn't know where the maintenance fees would settle after Disney stops subsidizing part of the cost. With that being said, a few days before the deadline we found a contract that really fit our point and price needs. We have passed ROFR and waiting on the final paperwork! Doing the passed ROFR dance !!! :sohappy:

Monorail Lime

Boardwalk is awesome! We stayed there for the first time last week and loved being able to walk to two parks. Congratulations on your decision and enjoy!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom