party of two

GrimGrinningGhost15

Original Poster
Planning my January 2014 trip! My boyfriend and I are going just us two and I would just like it to be something we never forget. When you think Disney you think family, and hopefully one day that will be our case! but until then
A little background on us:
We will be celebrating 5 years together on our trip and will be finishing college a few months after our trip! He is a huge disney fan and has been going to WDW since he was a child, and I have only been once.
My question to you all is, what things can we do to make it extra special for just the two of us? :D

Marco226

congrats on finishing college! You two should try getting dinner reservations inside the castle! I had my 5 year anniversary with my significant other there, and the cast members and princesses went out of their way to help us celebrate. You won't be alone since there'll be a bunch of other people around you, but it'll still be kinda cool to celebrate your anniversary there will all of the princesses :)

epcotisbest

Planning my January 2014 trip! My boyfriend and I are going just us two and I would just like it to be something we never forget. When you think Disney you think family, and hopefully one day that will be our case! but until then
We will be celebrating 5 years together on our trip and will be finishing college a few months after our trip! He is a huge disney fan and has been going to WDW since he was a child, and I have only been once.
My question to you all is, what things can we do to make it extra special for just the two of us? :D
It has been just the two of us for more than 30 years now. We celebrated our 30th anniversary at WDW. There is so much to do for couples. Our favorite is the Sunday morning gospel brunch at House of Blues at DTD.
We also enjoy resort hopping...checking out the many different resorts...and trying their restaurants...you can go in and just get a dessert to try out a new place, something we often do.

juniorthomas

Whatever you do, make sure to take a moment to sit down and enjoy the moment. Not sure how close you are to WDW, but for me, I don't make it there very often. Always nice to try soak it all in.

Also, try to call Disney to see if they can help you can plan a special surprise for your DB. They may have a few good ideas up their sleeves. That you're going the extra length to plan something really special would make it even more memorable for you both. A good surprise on a WDW visit = magic.

Most of all, have A LOT of fun.

DD at the U

If you're going to stay onsite you should let the CM know about your anniversary at check-in, or call ahead of time. They might have some extra magic for you!
I'd plan a dinner reservation or two that are at more quiet restaurants. It'll will be cozier and feel more special, plus your waitstaff will be more interactive with you.

GrimGrinningGhost15

Original Poster
Our budget is tight, but not super tight. We planned on eating somewhere nice in DTD and also plan to make ADR at the brown derby. We live in Nebraska so getting to go to WDW is something that requires lots of planning and lots of saving. I think giving disney a call ahead of time to see what they can help me do is a great idea. My fondest memory of our last trip was sitting on a bench at the world showcase right by the water front, talking about the next time we would come, people watching and soaking in everything. I guess its the little things, even at WDW.

Timekeeper

Take lots of pictures together! (which can be tricky with just two people, so here are a couple of suggestions)

Bring a point and shoot camera and small pocket tripod, and learn how to use the self timer function. The Canon Elph series cameras, for example, have a function that allows you to set the self timer so that the camera will take a series of photos in a row (like a photo booth), so you're not having to run back and forth and press the shutter on the camera for each single photo.

12587299700.jpg

If you're smartphone users, get a wide angle / fish eye accessory for your phone, which will allow for some great self-portraits even if you're holding the phone yourself at an arm's length away. One popular device is the Olloclip:

olloclip-iphone-lens-2430_600.0000001336149880.jpg

Here are some sample images that illustrate how much wider of an angle of view this adds to your phone:

eba9_olloclip_iphone_camera_lens_example.jpg

Of course, iJustine places hers where it would block the vehicle's speedometer:

20120220-134528.jpg

And don't forget that you'll probably need an extra battery source for your power-hungry smartphones. There are dozens of companies that manufacture these, and they allow you to recharge any USB device.

screen-shot-2012-11-26-at-5.18.16-pm.jpg

jharvey

aside from the almost certain proposal?

bethymouse

Stay at the POLY. It's so romantic and almost like being in Hawaii. Go to the Spirit of Aloha Show, eat at 'Ohana, and eat at Kona Cafe. Take a stroll out to Sunset Point, visit the Grand Floridian and have dinner there @ one of the signature restaurants, or watch Wishes from The California Grill @ the Contemporary. Make sure you let the CMs know of your celebration! You'll get those free buttons to wear! Have fun!:D

Pooh Lover

It has been just the two of us for more than 30 years now. We celebrated our 30th anniversary at WDW. There is so much to do for couples. Our favorite is the Sunday morning gospel brunch at House of Blues at DTD.
We also enjoy resort hopping...checking out the many different resorts...and trying their restaurants...you can go in and just get a dessert to try out a new place, something we often do.
Same here. We love "going it alone", dining when and where you like, leaving as early or as late as you both want and just concentrating on each other instead of jobs, chores, phones and tv. We too will be celebrating our 30th anniversary at WDW on our next trip.

@Molly McLaughlin, enjoy these trips together as a couple to the fullest as they will change dramatically once you start bringing your little ones. ;)

Alley7728

I applaud you guys for finishing school and maintaining a relationship. I am sure it hasn't been easy and I hope you make the most of your trip. My DH and I dated for 4 yrs. and will have been married 21 yrs. this year. One of the more romantic memories I can remember from our Disney trips was very inexpensive. Watching wishes at Polys beach was at the top. We picked up a pizza and drinks and were there early enough to just relax after a long day before the fireworks. Best advice I can give you would be to squeeze as much magic out of the trip as possible. Your lives will forever change after graduation. Hope you make some wonderful memories!

CP_alum08

My GF and I go all the time, we've been together 7 years so I understand your situation! My biggest piece of advice; act like kids. Do everything that you want to regardless of how childish it seems. Ride dumbo. Get your picture taken with Mickey. Skip down Main Street. Just because WDW is for "families" doesn't mean that it has to be for children. Yes going to fancy dinners is romantic but letting loose and having fun can be just as romantic if you are those type of people.

luv

Honestly, I think going to WDW together will probably be special enough. But, if you want to add something fun, go parasailing. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom