1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Part-time Questions (WDW)

Discussion in 'Employment/College Program/International' started by samanthanicole, Jun 20, 2017.

1. samanthanicole

samanthanicole New Member

Hi! I was just offered part-time attractions at Animal Kingdom and had a question before I accepted the job. Will I be able to pick up more shifts than I am scheduled for? I would be moving down from Virginia and I would want to able to pick up more shifts than I am scheduled for if I needed to. Also, would I possibly be able to switch to full-time eventually?

2. Journey_On

Journey_On Active Member

Hi Samantha! Unless things have changed, you should be able to pick up more shifts. WDW is one of the only theme parks in the area that is okay with giving over time pay. You should also be able to put your name on a list to go full-time. Talk with your manager about your interest. Congratulations!

3. Dasnowz

Dasnowz Well-Known Member

you can work more hours but they will cap your hours after a few months and no more shifts until your average goes under 24.

Journey_On likes this.
  4. Tinkrbell

Tinkrbell Active Member

They got rid of capping about 2 years ago. I had been capped for about 6 months and was about to get capped again after being uncapped for a few months when they got rid of it.

Also, one thing to keep in mind is that contractually, part timers are not guaranteed to be scheduled anything. Most locations schedule the full time & CPs first and part time gets whatever's leftover

5. dhslxop

dhslxop Member

A somewhat related question: I was just hired for part-time attractions in Hollywood Studios (traditions is on Saturday!). Due to my school schedule my recruiter suggested I do my availability as 3 days a week. If needed, would I be able to not work at all for a week? I know that my hours aren't guaranteed, but would it be considered "vacation" (where I would have to put in for time off) if I needed to not work? Or is it just not picking up hours on those days? How does that process work for part-timers? Thanks!

6. Tinkrbell

Tinkrbell Active Member

You would need to request the time off through the labor service center. Time off requests are not guaranteed as only a certain number are able to be approved off for each location per day. Once that allotment is reach, cast can be added to a waiting list in case someone decides to cancel their time off.