Part time job at the Disney store

kybred72

Original Poster
Was thinking of working at the Disney store a few nights and putting those paychecks into savings and saving it for WDW vacations!

Are these people still considered CMs?

Would this job offer any perks or discounts in regards to vacationing at the Parks?

Thanks! :wave:

Steve-B

One of my wife's best friends used to work part-time at the Disney Store in our mall before it closed :cry: (the store, not the mall) and used to acrue "free days" at the parks. I'm not sure how it worked, but she would go to WDW once every year for about a week, and park admission was free for her.
I think they are considered CM's at the Disney Store. I think there were other perks, as well.

MattBoom

If you're going to work at a Disney store at a mall, I don't think you're considered a Cast Member. All of the Disney Stores were sold to a different company.

Captain Hank

Unfortunately, The Disney Store is no longer a part of the Walt Disney Company, and is actually owned by a subsidiary of The Children's Place. So, technically, those that work at TDS are not considered Disney Cast Members (though they are still referred to as "Cast Members" internally). However, there are still some Disney-related perks associated with the job. Disney Store CM's are eligible for 3 complimentary one-day park hopper tickets per year. They must be picked up at Guest Relations at the parks, and expire at the end of the year during which they're issued.

There are also discounts on Disney Store merchandise (though not on parks merchandise).

Even though TDS isn't owned by Disney any longer, it's still a fantastic place to work.

Bug715

i agree with captain hank. I love working at The Disney Store. Sometimes WDW merchandise will be returned to the store and we can buy it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom