Part-time Future Cast Member Questions

smk59

Original Poster
Hello everyone!

I have a few questions I'm hoping you guys can help me out with. I had a successful interview for attractions last month and was put on the waitlist.

1. When do you think I will be actually hired to start working? Is it possible or common that I will never be hired and have to re-apply after 6 months?
2. I gave them an availability that I'm anxious to change before I get my first schedule. (Friday-Sun... I wanna make it Sunday-Tuesday) Is there a way to do that before I start working? I don't want them to get angry that I ask to change it right away once I'm hired... Also, do they usually have you work days outside of your "full availability" days as well?
3. I know for sure that I have a trip I absolutely can't cancel from September 26-October 4th. Is it even a factor that I should worry about, i.e., will I probably not even be hired by then? Should I try to reach out before I'm hired to let them know that I'll be gone that week, or wait until right when they let me know that I've been accepted?
4. I'm trying to go away for 4 days during Thanksgiving as well. Being part time and new, are they going to insist I cannot take this trip, even if I make up the hours, or are they ok with it if it's planned in advance and I work other holidays/busy times? I want to know before I buy a non-refundable ticket..

That was a lot of questions! Please let me know if you have any answers for me! I absolutely love Disney and am very anxious to do a good job there :)

Dasnowz

no one knows when or if casting will call you. usually yes you will get a call but is depends on needs of the parks. Yes it does happen that you are never called in the 6 months and have to re-apply.

Hiring is based on operational needs. Typically Sept is a big hire month because its slower and easier to train people during this time. They start ramping up cast for holiday season. For every 1 job open 3 people are hired. Many times not one will stay.

If you call your recruiter and change your days that could change you being offered a job. wait until they call you and let them know your days have changed.

To be honest? trips are not Disney's problem. You gave them days you can be there and if you cannot make it its not their problem. You will have to take points on your record card if you cannot give scheduled shifts away. Honestly thanksgiving weekend you will be working if you are hired by then. They will not give you the weekend off. This is how it works : you give them I can work these days. They put it in computer. Schedulers make the schedules based on that.You cannot negotiate well if i need monday off can i work friday instead. Being new for days off you are lowest on totem pole. vacation bids were done last dec. and all holidays I can guarantee have been asked for off. Also know now you will work Christmas holidays as well. Disney is a 365 job. rain shine holiday etc.... they are open. you give days you can work do not make other plans for those days.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom