Parks on 4th of July

HiddenMinnie

We will be at WDW the week of the 4th. We are going to the Grand Floridian for dinner at 5:30pm on the 4th of July for my daughter's birthday. We were planning to go to Epcot after dinner to see the fireworks. Do you think we will have a problem getting into the park??

disneyfan123

I have been at Disney for the 4th July before and I will also be there this year. I know from past experience that MK can reach full capacity by about mid day and guests are turned away.
Epcot is a bigger park and therefore can hold a lot more guests so you might not have an issue getting into the park.
If you are staying at a Disney hotel then I think you are allowed to enter the park even if it reaches full capacity.

Hope this helps and have a magical vacation!

Upvote 0

travelgip

I am going at the same time also. If you are having dinner at GF - after dinner you might catch the first fireworks show at MK. Just go to the boat dock or Narcoosee's porch and you can see (and pretty much hear) the whole show before catching monorail to Epcot! TTC is another pretty good place to see MK fireworks before heading off to Epcot (but you won't hear the music as much). Have fun!

Upvote 0

HiddenMinnie

Original Poster
I have been at Disney for the 4th July before and I will also be there this year. I know from past experience that MK can reach full capacity by about mid day and guests are turned away.
Epcot is a bigger park and therefore can hold a lot more guests so you might not have an issue getting into the park.
If you are staying at a Disney hotel then I think you are allowed to enter the park even if it reaches full capacity.

Hope this helps and have a magical vacation!
We are staying at Pop Century. I hope you're right about being able to get in if we are resort guests. I'll ask when we check in. Thanks for all the advise everyone!!!:animwink:

Upvote 0

Tigger 68

We are staying at Pop Century. I hope you're right about being able to get in if we are resort guests. I'll ask when we check in. Thanks for all the advise everyone!!!:animwink:

You can still be denied admission due to park capacity even if you are staying at a resort. I planned on July 3rd going to the MK leaving to attend the luau at the Polynesian and going back to MK to watch the special fireworks and enjoy the EMH, but was worried about being denied entry due to capacity. I emailed Disney and there response was

"Park capacity is generally limited to the number of cars which can be
accommodated at the Theme Park parking areas. When the capacity has
been reached, the Park is closed to any further Guests other than those
staying at the Walt Disney World Resorts.

Further, park capacity is also limited by the number of guests within
the Parks. When it is determined that the health, safety or well being
of our guests is in jeopardy due to high attendance, the Parks will be
closed, even to resort guests and DVC members."

I might cancel the luau due to this, but still haven't decided.

Upvote 0

Ragerunner

Can anyone let me know if we should be able to get into Epcot on the 4th of July with our after 4 passes. If yes do people with after 4 passes arrive early and line up to get in? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance for any info.

Upvote 0

Disney4family

Hopefully you'll get to enjoy Epcot. This was our experience in the MK for one 4th of July:
upload_2017-6-25_21-39-38.jpeg
upload_2017-6-25_21-40-31.jpeg

Upvote 0

Ragerunner

Can anyone let me know if we should be able to get into Epcot on the 4th of July with our after 4 passes. If yes do people with after 4 passes arrive early and line up to get in? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance for any info.

Thought I would bump this to see if anyone had any info for the question above.
Thanks

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom