Parking Secrets

Disneydreaming

The_CEO said:
Not true. Our family gets in without reservations all the time. We are actually EATING at Chef Mickey's. Again they let us in without having a reservation several times.
Off topic, but I am actually amazed you got into Chef Mickeys without a reservation! They are usually booked solid!

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
I've gotten into most retaurants at WDW without a reservation... even Cinderella's Royal Table.

The_CEO

Disneydreaming said:
Off topic, but I am actually amazed you got into Chef Mickeys without a reservation! They are usually booked solid!

The trick is to get there RIGHT when they open. :)

Although I won't be going there again. I know the whole concept is to dine with the characters. But the food isn't as good as I remembered it.

DarkMarik368 said:
Do you want to know whats bad about it. You go and pay the eight bucks and then you get told by a guy in a yellow shirtwho obviously never went beyond high school that you cant park in that nice parking space by the tram. NO. You gotta park in that quaint spot that you cant see without using binoculars. So then you park there and you gotta walk like two hundred yards for a tram to finally take you to the entrance. YES THIS SOUNDS LIKE SO MUCH FUN

Here's an idea for those of you who don't like the idea of paying for parking and not getting the "princess parking" that only you deserve:
Don't take your vacation at the Walt Disney World Resort.
Problem solved. :wave:

The_CEO said:
You all freak out over everything. Good for you for parking at DTD... It isn't like this person parked at The Polynesian.

Except for when everyone tries this and then there is no parking at DTD for those of us wanting to shop or see a movie.

Gail Hayden

walts son 1971 said:
We park at the Poly when we go to the magic kingdom.So what is the big deal with parking there,they dont seem to care.
Because you are not a guest of the Poly. Poly parking is for guests and people having business there, NOT for park parking. And, yes, they most certainly do care, apparently you missed the big sign stating that it is parking for guests and NOT for parks.

bobjr

Parking...

If you have that much energy at the end of the day then more power to ya. But I'm of the honest mindset where you pay for what you get, stupid though that may seem. We get an annual pass in which parking is included, and we pay our dues at our WDW home resort, which apparently is paying for your free ride. I guess then I can write you off as charity this April. Try the honest route...you are after all at Disney!!!!!!!!

bugsbunny

As long as the most abundant natural resource on the planet is being peddled at $2.50/bottle, I'm going to park for free where ever I can at WDW.

I've been using the ferry from Ft. Wilderness for years when I would stay off site. It's free to park there and a great detour at the end of a long day. Sipping suds in a rocking chair at Crockett's Tavern certainly makes my feet feel a whole lot better after walking 7 or 8 miles all day. So since I spend $20 there that I wouldn't have spent except due to my detour, it makes up for ripping them off for a free parking spot. :rolleyes:

nickcarraway

bugsbunny, you have a good point. I totally agree with the water thing especially since Disney will only sells Dasani water, which is totally from the tap. Don't believe me, Google it. If it was spring or well water, well, I might feel differently. And I can't argue with you about using your bucks for a brew instead of a spot. I love me some beer. But those Fort Wilderness spaces are for guests. And no matter how many beers you drink, you're not staying there. But I know you won't quit doing it, so drink one for me next time you're down.

Erika

bugsbunny said:
As long as the most abundant natural resource on the planet is being peddled at $2.50/bottle, I'm going to park for free where ever I can at WDW.

If you ask for it, ice water is free.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
if you either A- can't afford the 2.50 for a bottle of water, or B- don't bring your own bottle from home, then maybe you shouldn't be vacationing at WDW

Woody13

nickcarraway said:
bugsbunny, you have a good point. I totally agree with the water thing especially since Disney will only sells Dasani water, which is totally from the tap. Don't believe me, Google it. If it was spring or well water, well, I might feel differently.
Care to share just how you "might feel differently"? :veryconfu

barnum42

=nickcarraway Disney will only sells Dasani water, which is totally from the tap. Don't believe me, Google it.
Coke made a big mess of launching Dasani in the UK. They did the whole marketing thing saying how pure it was and whilst not actually saying that it was spring water the implication was there. When it came to the public's attention that it was just filtered tap water (something any of us with a Britta filter jug drink every day) then sales started to slump. Then then had to withdraw the product when tests showed their "filter" process pumped four times the legal ammount of some chemical into the water.

Boy did we laugh long and hard at that. :lol:

Gail Hayden

nickcarraway said:
I would pay $2.50 for Poland Springs water but not for purified tap water.
Ah, yes, another Nestle product. I would rather buy a Brita Bottle and filter the water from Disney than pay 2.50 for a bottle of water anywhere at anytime.
Poland Springs is filtered water, not tap water, but, still filtered water.

Lauriebar

I would pay $2.50 gladly (maybe even more!!) if I could find ANY water that was served with ICE! My biggest problem with the Dansani (other than the semi-yucky taste) is that it is never served cold enough! That can be said of the soft drinks as well. My DH and I will search out carts that have cups with ice available. We just find them more refreshing than the bottled drinks. Unfortunatly, they are harder and harder to find outside of counter service and sit down restaurants.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom