Parking Secrets

BwanaBob

I've got an idea...

Buy an annual pass!

Parking is free for a whole year!

BTW...even when I stay at a resort, I still drive to most of the parks. Faster, more convenient, and ALSO...FREE PARKING anywhere on property.

DizGuru2004

I hate to say it, but thought after reading this thread is that...for all of us who have run into a less-than-perky CM out there, it's probably because they just got done dealing with Guests like StitchCrazy and DisneyFreak. I'm not saying it justifies such behavior, but as a CM sometimes you DO feel like you give and give and give (meaning you work for little pay, stand out in the sun all day, walk a mile [many times more] to work every day, make the "magic" as much as you can) and it is NEVER enough for people like this. They always have to find out what else they can get out of the deal. I'm not saying coming to Disney is cheap. What I AM saying is that it is sad that people like StitchCrazy and DisneyFreak spend time trying to figure out what rules to break when they could just sit back and soak in more of the Disney experience. If you secretly resent Disney for trying to cover the outrageously high expense of running an entire 45 square mile civilization and try to come out ahead, please stay home...or go see a professional who can help you try to reconcile your anger and/or help teach you how to find true enjoyment when you spend money instead of "there's only one WDW, and it's not like I really have a choice...so I'm going to milk them for everything I can". The only thing you should be milking is enjoyment out of the sights, the sounds, and the smells that are all around you...even as you pay your money at the toll booth, drive to the very last spot in the row, and walk to the tram.

Disneydreaming

DizGuru2004 said:
I hate to say it, but thought after reading this thread is that...for all of us who have run into a less-than-perky CM out there, it's probably because they just got done dealing with Guests like StitchCrazy and DisneyFreak. I'm not saying it justifies such behavior, but as a CM sometimes you DO feel like you give and give and give (meaning you work for little pay, stand out in the sun all day, walk a mile [many times more] to work every day, make the "magic" as much as you can) and it is NEVER enough for people like this. They always have to find out what else they can get out of the deal. I'm not saying coming to Disney is cheap. What I AM saying is that it is sad that people like StitchCrazy and DisneyFreak spend time trying to figure out what rules to break when they could just sit back and soak in more of the Disney experience. If you secretly resent Disney for trying to cover the outrageously high expense of running an entire 45 square mile civilization and try to come out ahead, please stay home...or go see a professional who can help you try to reconcile your anger and/or help teach you how to find true enjoyment when you spend money instead of "there's only one WDW, and it's not like I really have a choice...so I'm going to milk them for everything I can". The only thing you should be milking is enjoyment out of the sights, the sounds, and the smells that are all around you...even as you pay your money at the toll booth, drive to the very last spot in the row, and walk to the tram.
Thank you (even though I am not a CM I hope to be one day).

Gail Hayden

DarkMarik368 said:
Do you want to know whats bad about it. You go and pay the eight bucks and then you get told by a guy in a yellow shirt who obviously never went beyond high school that you cant park in that nice parking space by the tram. NO. You gotta park in that quaint spot that you cant see without using binoculars. So then you park there and you gotta walk like two hundred yards for a tram to finally take you to the entrance. YES THIS SOUNDS LIKE SO MUCH FUN
And the education level has what to do with what?

Be grateful you can walk. 200 yards over the course of a day is nothing.

CAPTAIN HOOK

I'm all in favour of parking at DTD and bussing to the parks - now if everyone did this I'd be able to park at the front of the lot :lol:

PS - You could always buy an AP

The_CEO

Disneydreaming said:
There is a name/record list for all dining reservation that is given to each of the motor check in entrances for each of the monorail hotels. If you name is not on the list you won't be able to get in. They (the security guards) know what people are up to.

Not true. Our family gets in without reservations all the time. We are actually EATING at Chef Mickey's. Again they let us in without having a reservation several times.

Yellow Shoes

AliciaLuvzDizne said:
why is it there is a new thread about this VERY "secret" every week (or so it seems)?
..and it is often by people fairly new to the board??

I can't quite get this out of my head:
"You are not the first to pass this way...."

Binki

Help required with parkin

Hi

I am fairly new to the board and just wanted some advice on parking at the disney resorts.

We would like to do a tour of a few hotels one evening to see the Holiday decorations. We are not staying at a resort hotel. Do we have to pay for parking for each hotel we visit or just once and this will cover us for the others we visit in that evening?

Any advice greatly appreciated

many thank

Tim G

Binki said:
Hi

I am fairly new to the board and just wanted some advice on parking at the disney resorts.

We would like to do a tour of a few hotels one evening to see the Holiday decorations. We are not staying at a resort hotel. Do we have to pay for parking for each hotel we visit or just once and this will cover us for the others we visit in that evening?

Any advice greatly appreciated

many thank
No problem, tell the guard (if any) you just want to see the decorations of the hotel... He'll give you a parking permit for about 2/3 hours...

But if you exceed that time given there's a chance your car might get a wheel clamp, or will be towed...

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
removing a boot from a car isn't fun :(

and the embarassment of having a person remove it is worse.

however, it is nothing compared to what I'd do.

I'd have the car towed, and dumped to the Living Seas, and have it become an artificial reef

disneyfreak1259

Disneydreaming said:
There is a name/record list for all dining reservation that is given to each of the motor check in entrances for each of the monorail hotels. If you name is not on the list you won't be able to get in. They (the security guards) know what people are up to.
There is such a thing but........think about it if they ONLY let those people with reservations in they'd be loosing some money. Most of the people actually who go to eat there half the time dont have one....trust i've sat there next to the cash register waiting for a table and heard quite a lot non-reserved people come to eat!

Gail Hayden

disneyfreak1259 said:
There is such a thing but........think about it if they ONLY let those people with reservations in they'd be loosing some money. Most of the people actually who go to eat there half the time dont have one....trust i've sat there next to the cash register waiting for a table and heard quite a lot non-reserved people come to eat!
Interesting, since the cash registers are ususally not within site of the guests.
They are usually adjacent to the kitchens.

Figment1986

say... doesn't disney read these boards... and if they read about rule breaking.. Fix it???

just a not for yourself... if you have a huge secret and post it online... not a secret anymore... and eventually goes away within months....

oh and happy 1,111 yellow shoes

GymLeaderPhil

I think we've have some replacement cars for the barrier test scene...

Eight bucks? Crazy stuff to pay! You could use that towards four large bottles of water inside the park to make up for the energy wasted parking at Downtown Disney, then taking a bus to a resort, and waiting for another bus (or alternative mode of transportation) to the park of your choosing.

Or better yet, since you don't want to purchase water, just drive into the parking lot of your choice an hour or two before that park's closing time. They usually don't charge at that point. Then you can enjoy an hour of the park while the battery in your car runs out since you haven't fixed the problem with your headlights, you cheapskates... :rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom