Parking Lot Help

skipperg

Original Poster
I have been meaning to mention this since our trip the first week of December. Every time you get on a Tram at the parking lots they mention that if you need assistance with your vehicle to walk out to the end of the line you are parked in and wait for a Security Van.

I accidentally locked my keys in the trunk of our rental car. As with all the rental cars we have used they put all the keys for the car on a wire loop that you cannot remove any of the keys from.

When I stopped the Security Van for assistance they kindly provided me with the phone number to a locksmith. That is the help they provide you.

Called the locksmith and he came to the Epcot lot in about 30 minutes. He was able to open the car for us and thankfully the keys were in the trunk. Cost me $40.

Had they not been in the car and he had to make a key it would have been at least another $100. Many of the new car keys have a computer chip on them that inflates the cost.

Had I had AAA the locksmith would not have charged me.

If you are renting a vehicle a tip I would suggest is either taking a pair of pliers in your luggage that will allow you to separate the keys and put one with another family member or ask one of the clerks at the food courts to cut the key ring for you. The have side cutter pliers that they cut the security tabs off the Disney Mugs at the food courts.

Joe Gudac

just be aware if you cut the loop the rental car agency may charge you to get it repaired or rewired. another option would be just stop at a walmart or target and have a key made for a couple bucks. I can understand disney not opening cars for guests anymore, if they do it and scratch the car, break a lock or anything like that they are responsible and would have to pay, since most cars there are rental cars they will have the damage spotted too. I don't think they will jump start cars anymore ethier for the problems with that.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
I believe they still jump start cars. I've seen security doing it in the MK parking lot in the past week

civileng68

Account Suspended
jump start

Originally posted by 10 min. to wdw
. I don't think they will jump start cars anymore ethier for the problems with that.

Actually they do still jump start cars. Last time there I had to be jumped twice because of a faulty battery. They have portable battery powered jumpers. They dont have to connect cables to their van. They just jump it and leave.

That's one thing that I dont worry about anymore.

About not helping you get the keys out of your car............I can also attest to why they dont do anything but call a locksmith.

A while back, they used to help you. I had manual locks on my car at the time and they used one of those "jimmy" bars to go down inside my door and unlock it. They got it unlocked but damaged some inside components which took alot of money to fix, much more than calling a locksmith...........so now they do not do that anymore.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
yup... and what was really sad about that was, the WDW locksmiths were professional locksmiths. They'd just rather pass the liability on to an outside company.

Re: jump start

Originally posted by civileng68
Actually they do still jump start cars. Last time there I had to be jumped twice because of a faulty battery. They have portable battery powered jumpers. They dont have to connect cables to their van. They just jump it and leave.

ok that makes sense they make those jump start units blitering idiot proof, impossible to blow up a battery with, you can hook negitive to positive and it knows you did that and will trip a auto reset fuse inside with no damage to anyhting.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom