Parking for free

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Original Poster
Hey!

So I'm staying at the Hilton next to Disney Springs, and I obviously didn't do my research thoroughly as they apparently charge $18.00 per night to park... Is there any place at Disney World where you think I could get away with parking for free for 4 nights and be able to get to Disney Springs?

epcotisbest

So the $30 daily resort fee does not bother you but $18 per day parking does?
That Hilton is very close to Disney Springs, so once you unload your bags, just drive over to the Lime Garage and park there. Or go over to Saratoga Springs and tell the gate attendant you are visiting then park there and walk across the street back to your room.
Or go down to the Goodings shopping center at the end of Hotel Plaza Blvd. and park there and walk back to the Hilton.
Or visit OKW or POR, park there and take the boat back to DS and then walk back to your room.
Or park somewhere over on International Drive, take a Mears bus to Disney Springs then walk back over to the Hilton.
Or if the $18 parking fee is a deal breaker, cancel the reservation and book somewhere else that is either $18 less per day or has free parking.
Or stay at a just as nice but not nearly as costly place over on Palm Parkway, save a few extra bucks and only add about five minutes to your drive. We have stayed at several places over there for a night or two prior to a week a WDW and it works just fine.
Or pay the $18 and park right at your hotel and maybe spend $18 less per day on food and drink than you had originally budgeted for.
Lots of options.

Last edited:

WondersOfLife

Original Poster

The fee does not bother me because I got a room there for only $70 a night instead of their usual high dollar price. So technically just $100 a night. (Thanks, Expedia!)

72 bucks is a lot of money for a guy in my situation. Literally need to take a Disney vacation with every cent I got to motivate me to finish up this semester! I cannot cancel the reservation as well.

Thank you for the tips tho! I appreciate it.

epcotisbest

The fee does not bother me because I got a room there for only $70 a night instead of their usual high dollar price. So technically just $100 a night. (Thanks, Expedia!)

72 bucks is a lot of money for a guy in my situation. Literally need to take a Disney vacation with every cent I got to motivate me to finish up this semester! I cannot cancel the reservation as well.

Thank you for the tips tho! I appreciate it.
OK, here is another idea. Park in the overflow lot at Ft. Wilderness. Less chance of getting tagged or towed. Then bus back over to DS and walk to the Hilton. Oh, and you scored on the Hilton for $70 ($100). You would pay that over on Palm Parkway.

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
OK, here is another idea. Park in the overflow lot at Ft. Wilderness. Less chance of getting tagged or towed. Then bus back over to DS and walk to the Hilton. Oh, and you scored on the Hilton for $70 ($100). You would pay that over on Palm Parkway.
Thanks I appreciate it!

mergatroid

That Hilton is very close to Disney Springs, so once you unload your bags, just drive over to the Lime Garage and park there. Or go over to Saratoga Springs and tell the gate attendant you are visiting then park there and walk across the street back to your room.
Or go down to the Goodings shopping center at the end of Hotel Plaza Blvd. and park there and walk back to the Hilton.
Or visit OKW or POR, park there and take the boat back to DS and then walk back to your room.
Or park somewhere over on International Drive, take a Mears bus to Disney Springs then walk back over to the Hilton.
Or if the $18 parking fee is a deal breaker, cancel the reservation and book somewhere else that is either $18 less per day or has free parking.
Or stay at a just as nice but not nearly as costly place over on Palm Parkway, save a few extra bucks and only add about five minutes to your drive. We have stayed at several places over there for a night or two prior to a week a WDW and it works just fine.
Or pay the $18 and park right at your hotel and maybe spend $18 less per day on food and drink than you had originally budgeted for.
Lots of options.

Here speaketh a man who's 'careful' with his money :rolleyes:

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
As a college student going into debt, I take it with full pride.

Me...Me....Me......It' all about you isn't it? I'm surprised you didn't ask how you could "sneak" into the Magic Kingdom without paying. After all - you are a college student who is very proud to be going into debt. We're talking about $72 dollars here. If $72 is the breaking point in your Disney budget you should probably stay home and watch Disney YouTube videos.

I'm guessing you are driving to Disney. Here's a thought - save the gas money and hitchhike there instead. That way you don't need to worry about the parking fee and you'll save the gas money.

The thing I don't get - is to save $72 you are willing to park in some remote lot probably without any security, and are perfectly fine in risking your car being vandalized, stolen, or towed. Which by the way, is going to cost you a lot more than $72. The things they teach in college nowadays SMH.

I'm not going to even get into how all of you that try to "game" the system....end up costing all of us who don't. - Because you wouldn't be interested in that. Hey, its all about you. Right?

Cmdr_Crimson

$70 a night and you don't want to pay $72 to park?
743.gif

thomas998

Me...Me....Me......It' all about you isn't it? I'm surprised you didn't ask how you could "sneak" into the Magic Kingdom without paying. After all - you are a college student who is very proud to be going into debt. We're talking about $72 dollars here. If $72 is the breaking point in your Disney budget you should probably stay home and watch Disney YouTube videos.

I'm guessing you are driving to Disney. Here's a thought - save the gas money and hitchhike there instead. That way you don't need to worry about the parking fee and you'll save the gas money.

The thing I don't get - is to save $72 you are willing to park in some remote lot probably without any security, and are perfectly fine in risking your car being vandalized, stolen, or towed. Which by the way, is going to cost you a lot more than $72. The things they teach in college nowadays SMH.

I'm not going to even get into how all of you that try to "game" the system....end up costing all of us who don't. - Because you wouldn't be interested in that. Hey, its all about you. Right?
Self righteous much?

The guy wants to save some money, he isn't planning on robbing liquor stores. The reality is I can easily pay for parking when I go but I also know ways you can park at some places and pay nothing even if you aren't a guest at a Disney Resort. When I'm at one of those places I use the tricks and pay nothing. Not doing anything illegal, simply taking advantage of things Disney has decided to do/not do... If Disney wanted to insure every car paid to park they could, but they have made a system that doesn't work that way and in fact a system that makes it impossible to pay even if you want to depending on how you enter certain areas. You think that costs everyone? Sorry it doesn't. IF you ever see that the parking lots are completely full and they are now turning away guest then feel free to complain but the reality is even when the parks are completely at capacity and unable to have anyone else enter the lots are not full. So you might want to rethink your logic - it appears to be flawed.

As for it all being about him... Sure it is. So what. Everything anyone does is really all about themselves, you got upset that he wanted to game the system and in the end you mention "... end up costing all of us..." well you do realize that was all about you now wasn't it.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Self righteous much?

The guy wants to save some money, he isn't planning on robbing liquor stores. The reality is I can easily pay for parking when I go but I also know ways you can park at some places and pay nothing even if you aren't a guest at a Disney Resort. When I'm at one of those places I use the tricks and pay nothing. Not doing anything illegal, simply taking advantage of things Disney has decided to do/not do... If Disney wanted to insure every car paid to park they could, but they have made a system that doesn't work that way and in fact a system that makes it impossible to pay even if you want to depending on how you enter certain areas. You think that costs everyone? Sorry it doesn't. IF you ever see that the parking lots are completely full and they are now turning away guest then feel free to complain but the reality is even when the parks are completely at capacity and unable to have anyone else enter the lots are not full. So you might want to rethink your logic - it appears to be flawed.

As for it all being about him... Sure it is. So what. Everything anyone does is really all about themselves, you got upset that he wanted to game the system and in the end you mention "... end up costing all of us..." well you do realize that was all about you now wasn't it.
Actually it is technically illegal to park a lot of the places suggested in this thread. You are highly unlikely to be charged with a crime or have your car towed, just like crossing a street not at the crosswalk, but it's still technically illegal. You can call it using tricks or beating the system or anything you want, but just like taking free soda that you didn't pay for, just because you are unlikely to get caught doesn't make it any less illegal.

nickys

Premium Member
Self righteous much?

How I wish you could have seen them towing 3 cars from the Contemporary last Christmas! That was fun :D A lot of people advocate you can park where you want. Most of the time they may well be right in their assertion that Disney won't do anything about it. However don't be deceived into thinking they never do, or just don't notice.

John park hopper

Off site charges for parking anywhere $18-25 a night so that $70 room is now $100. WDW for value resorts charge $97- 132 a night no parking fee (just assume its added to room charge). IMO on site -- extra hours, bus transportation are a benefits provided you stay @ a value resort. Another benefit you don't have to scam to save a few bucks on parking

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom