Parking fees at Walt Disney World theme park increase effective October 4

ryguy

I think all of us here are Disney centric so that can skew our outlook when it comes to the numbers. Think of how many people visit Florida ever year, and how many actually visit Disney. This is why the one day Magic Kingdom price is what it is. Those travelers who are in Florida to visit family, go to the beach, fish, etc.. if they can squeeze a day at Disney will go to MK. I think it's easy to underestimate that number amount of those visitors, its a huge junk.

When I worked at the front gate in Epcot almost of all of my sales were one day tickets. Of course this was 15 years ago, but I can conclude by the Magic Kingdom one day ticket price that this must still be true. At least for MK. But I concede that if you didn't have a ticket you would buy it at the gate, so that can skew the numbers. At least at the gate. It was easy to tell when you were getting "shopped" because they would ask questions about mult-day tickets, most guests would get annoyed when I tried pushing a multi-day ticket. But the managers wanted us to push it, so I did.

I will say that Disney has done a great job increasing the sales for multi-day tickets by adding magical express and extra magic hours. It's probably a safe bet that multi-day tickets are closing the gap.

Epcotbob

Just out of curiosity, is it still possible to park at Downtown Disney (Disney Springs) and take a Lynx bus from there to Transportation and Ticket Center?

Goofyernmost

Just out of curiosity, is it still possible to park at Downtown Disney (Disney Springs) and take a Lynx bus from there to Transportation and Ticket Center?
No, you cannot take a direct ride from there to any park. You can take one to a resort and then take another, but, you would be wasting a whole lot of time doing so and coming back would be a real challenge sometimes.

disney4life2008

I think all of us here are Disney centric so that can skew our outlook when it comes to the numbers. Think of how many people visit Florida ever year, and how many actually visit Disney. This is why the one day Magic Kingdom price is what it is. Those travelers who are in Florida to visit family, go to the beach, fish, etc.. if they can squeeze a day at Disney will go to MK. I think it's easy to underestimate that number amount of those visitors, its a huge junk.

When I worked at the front gate in Epcot almost of all of my sales were one day tickets. Of course this was 15 years ago, but I can conclude by the Magic Kingdom one day ticket price that this must still be true. At least for MK. But I concede that if you didn't have a ticket you would buy it at the gate, so that can skew the numbers. At least at the gate. It was easy to tell when you were getting "shopped" because they would ask questions about mult-day tickets, most guests would get annoyed when I tried pushing a multi-day ticket. But the managers wanted us to push it, so I did.

I will say that Disney has done a great job increasing the sales for multi-day tickets by adding magical express and extra magic hours. It's probably a safe bet that multi-day tickets are closing the gap.

It is also a very safe bet that extra magic hours will be phased out in the next 24 months.

wogwog

Orlando public Lynx bus yes. Disney bus no unless you want to go to a resort first then catch a park bus from any resort. As soon as enough people do this Disney Springs will have validated parking requirements from shops and restaurants.

Mouse_Trap

So what is?

Because I have a few people in Celebration Place that say it is....

I too find it hard too believe....but what if it was the most numerous sold because there's so many multi-day ticket.
eg. they sell more 1-day tickets than 10-day tickets or 5-day tickets, but not more 1-day tickets then all multi-day tickets together.

Would that possibly what your sources are actually saying? But just not coming through very clearly.

I would find hard to imagine that they sell more 1-day tickets than all multi-day tickets together.

PhotoDave219

I too find it hard too believe....but what if it was the most numerous sold because there's so many multi-day ticket.
eg. they sell more 1-day tickets than 10-day tickets or 5-day tickets, but not more 1-day tickets then all multi-day tickets together.

Would that possibly what your sources are actually saying? But just not coming through very clearly.

I would find hard to imagine that they sell more 1-day tickets than all multi-day tickets together.

Sold at the gates.

Goofyernmost

Sold at the gates.
And that makes sense. What didn't was the majority of tickets sold (without that provision) were 1D1P. It just didn't add up. Of course the majority of tickets sold at the gate are single day tickets, they almost would have to be. Thanks for clearing that up Dave.

disney4life2008

There are some pretty good assumptions made on this forum and several others that ehms may go away. Morning emhs will likely survive but evening hours is whats most at risk. A likely thing in its place is resort guests get more fp+ options. Im sure there is a fp+ 2.0 that will roll out within the next 5 years and be targeted for resort guests. My theory, resort guests will get more fp+ reservations and the ability to make reservations for more than one park in the same day 60 days in advance. Of course, this is only my assumption.

misterID

There are some pretty good assumptions made on this forum and several others that ehms may go away. Morning emhs will likely survive but evening hours is whats most at risk. A likely thing in its place is resort guests get more fp+ options. Im sure there is a fp+ 2.0 that will roll out within the next 5 years and be targeted for resort guests. My theory, resort guests will get more fp+ reservations and the ability to make reservations for more than one park in the same day 60 days in advance. Of course, this is only my assumption.
That would be more attractive than an emh. I'm at the world now, and I can say I just can't enjoy MK without FP. That park is just so messed up, and a lot of it is because of FP, especially LM, but we could have stayed til midnight and I still left before 10. I'd rather have more fast passes than stay later.

Mouse_Trap

That's exactly what they're doing. Realistically, Disney doesn't even want that guest; therefore, they will be charged $20 for parking and receive no perks. Not saying that it's not insane that parking has doubled in less than a decade or that the prices overall are out of control - just stating a fact.

Not sure I'd agree with that. Yes, of course they want as high occupancy at their hotels because thats a way of increasing per guest expenditure to the maximum.

Using the number previously quoted 30,459 rooms with an average occupancy of 3 that gives you a maximum of 33,352,605 guest nights (33,443,982 if you want to assume everyone does a park on check-in and check-out days. Obviously that assumes a 100% room occupancy which it unrealistic.

Taking the 2014 TEA figures (please lets not debate its accuracy, it's close enough to illustrate my point) the 4 parks & 2 waterparks got 55,692,000 visitors.

You can't say if WDW lost all their off-site guests, amounting to an absolute minimum of 22 million park days that they'd be happy! Heads would roll.

What are the parking fees at Universal and Sea World?
Don't they normally match rates pretty closely? A bit like after one announces a price increase, the other follows.

I'm glad to see they've now included parking for all passes. That's how it should be.

This I don't agree with, but I can see why they've done it.

I can see from the Disney pov - its intentional to suck as much money from guests as possible.
Free parking should encourage more local pass holders to come more often....lower fixed costs to visit. But off-site guests who pretty much have to drive, gouge as much out as possible without pushing more onto other transport means.

The costs of running and maintaining the parking have to be absolutely minuscule in comparison to the amount of money they take. I bet the actual cost to Disney of each vehicle is under 10c.

Regardless of what anyone thinks about the "value" of the parking rates, it's good to have a nice round number of $20 to make the payment run smoothly at the gate. I'm a little surprised they've had odd numbers like $17 in the past.

Maybe, personally I'd rather save $3 and have the 'hassle' of change....$1 bills are so prevalent it's hardly difficult.

Aside, I'd be shocked if it says at the round $20 for long...it will be $22 within 12-18 months.

The cost of parking is now higher per day than a 1-day park ticket 30 years ago.
That's shocking.

Clamman73

Muhahahahaha
image.png

Kman101

Will they honor the 'all parking free for all passes' even if you renewed previously? I'd guess the nicer CM's would let you through. Not the pass thread, but I have the weekday select, and honestly, now that parking will be included, I think it's a pretty good value. Who wants to go on weekends or the busiest times? And I never have a desire to go during the dead heat of summer. And I know many hate the monthly payment option but I love it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom