Park to Park tickets - necessary or no?

French Quarter

I'm a little confused by your initial question. You said something about getting a multiday pass but said you were staying at Cabana. My understanding was that the package comes with the Orlando pass that gives you unlimited access to both Universal parks along with Seaworld, Aquatica and Wet 'n Wild. Is that not always true? I know that it won't allow you to ride the train or whatever but doesn't give unlimited access for length of stay? So doesn't that mean you could hope between parks whenever you wanted?

stargrl33

Original Poster
I'm a little confused by your initial question. You said something about getting a multiday pass but said you were staying at Cabana. My understanding was that the package comes with the Orlando pass that gives you unlimited access to both Universal parks along with Seaworld, Aquatica and Wet 'n Wild. Is that not always true? I know that it won't allow you to ride the train or whatever but doesn't give unlimited access for length of stay? So doesn't that mean you could hope between parks whenever you wanted?

I have no idea what package you're talking about. You can book Cabana Bay hotel stays through various sites and purchase theme park tickets separately, which is what I did since we aren't going to Seaworld or any other parks. You may be looking at some sort of package deal that includes a Universal Hotel and a multi-park multi-day ticket option - I know Universal offers a couple options.

Anyway, what I ended up doing thanks to the great advice from some forum members and a little convincing from my husband - we bought annual passes since it wasn't that much more expensive then a 3 day park hopper. We used the AP discount to book 4 nights at Cabana Bay and 1 night at Portofino Bay. So we'll have two days use of unlimited express in the second half of our trip. And AP's to hopefully use again within the next year - we have a friend moving to Orlando at the end of this month, which is a lucky coincidence.

French Quarter

I have no idea what package you're talking about. You can book Cabana Bay hotel stays through various sites and purchase theme park tickets separately, which is what I did since we aren't going to Seaworld or any other parks. You may be looking at some sort of package deal that includes a Universal Hotel and a multi-park multi-day ticket option - I know Universal offers a couple options.

Anyway, what I ended up doing thanks to the great advice from some forum members and a little convincing from my husband - we bought annual passes since it wasn't that much more expensive then a 3 day park hopper. We used the AP discount to book 4 nights at Cabana Bay and 1 night at Portofino Bay. So we'll have two days use of unlimited express in the second half of our trip. And AP's to hopefully use again within the next year - we have a friend moving to Orlando at the end of this month, which is a lucky coincidence.

Oh ok. This is all new to me. I just went on the Universal Website and priced out a package and the only ticket options they offered for August were Orlando Flex tickets, like I described. Seemed ridiculously cheap even if you only used it to go to Universal. And for unlimited access, seems like a no brainer. I just assumed they always did their packages that way.

stargrl33

Original Poster
Oh ok. This is all new to me. I just went on the Universal Website and priced out a package and the only ticket options they offered for August were Orlando Flex tickets, like I described. Seemed ridiculously cheap even if you only used it to go to Universal. And for unlimited access, seems like a no brainer. I just assumed they always did their packages that way.
I just looked it up - looks like you will be able to ride the Hogwarts Express from park to park with it as well. Good deal!

French Quarter

I just looked it up - looks like you will be able to ride the Hogwarts Express from park to park with it as well. Good deal!

Hmmm...that's not the one I saw. It said you could add the park-to-park option but it was a few hundred dollars. But maybe they see offering that for different dates.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Hmmm...that's not the one I saw. It said you could add the park-to-park option but it was a few hundred dollars. But maybe they see offering that for different dates.
How many days are you going to spend in UNI, The AP was the cheapest way for us to go other than 3 park unlimited

stargrl33

Original Poster
You might want to try purchasing your hotel and tickets separately and not in a package from the Universal website. I always find that the package "deals" offered directly from Universal and Disney aren't actually deals. I know you can book Universal hotels through most travel sites and if you google the Orlando flex ticket, you should be able to purchase that on its own as well. Of course, I don't know your exact circumstances or when you are traveling - just speaking from my own experience of researching vacation deals.

Todd H

You might want to try purchasing your hotel and tickets separately and not in a package from the Universal website. I always find that the package "deals" offered directly from Universal and Disney aren't actually deals. I know you can book Universal hotels through most travel sites and if you google the Orlando flex ticket, you should be able to purchase that on its own as well. Of course, I don't know your exact circumstances or when you are traveling - just speaking from my own experience of researching vacation deals.
^^^This. I came out cheaper buying my tickets from Undercover Tourist and booking the hotel separately.

Last edited:

Ray B

I've seen lots of threads mentioning how Undercover Tourist tends to have cheaper tickets so with my trip coming up soon I went to their site and found a By 2 days get 1 free tickets for $237.16. On Universals site, print at home is $234.29. Is UT only cheaper on some tickets or at certain times?

BrianV

I've seen lots of threads mentioning how Undercover Tourist tends to have cheaper tickets so with my trip coming up soon I went to their site and found a By 2 days get 1 free tickets for $237.16. On Universals site, print at home is $234.29. Is UT only cheaper on some tickets or at certain times?

Was the universal price with tax?

BrianV

Yes. The tickets were $219 and I put them in my cart to see what it would cost with tax. I have always heard that UT has good prices so I was surprised.
Two day park to park with extra day is 225 at UT, unless I'm reading it wrong. Can't attach picture from my phone. Double check and tell me what you see.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom