Park Ticket and hotel question *newbie**

mmmixon

Original Poster
Hi everyone,
Please excuse me if this is posted somewhere else, but we are going to Uni for the first time as we are typical disney goers! Anyway, if I book hotel (prob Royal Pacific) separate from buying park tx do I still recieve the express pass with the hotel? I typically by our disney tx through Undercover Tourist depending on the discount in upcoming newsletter. However, now I am concerned that the unlimited express pass does not come with hotel stay unless I book tx at the same time. Can anyone clarify this for me? Also any other newbie advice would be great. Been scouring boards and everyone has some great insight. We are traveling in July (I know its going to be hot but only time I could get off work!) and we are taking our 10 yr old son and 8 yr old daughter.
Thanks in advance!
Melanie:)

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Yes, you will still get express pass. I booked my park tix separately and it was not an issue. There is a kiosk in the hotel lobby where you go to get your express passes. They are separate passes from the tix. In fact, you don't need to show tix to pick up the express passes.

An unasked for tip. With express pass, you get to skip the regular line for everything but HPFJ, Flight of the Hippogriff, Pteranadon Flyers, and Twirl and Hurl. If my experiences are meaningful, HPFJ and Hipogriff get short lines towards the end of the day anyways (although July may be different than my Thanksgiving trip), but Pterandon Flyers is a horrible wait. If you want to ride that thing (and your kids are the right ages for it), that's one you do first thing at IOJ. Same with Twirl and Hurl at US, although the line isn't quite as bad. Also, ride Minion Mayhem first think at US, as the line for that gets way long, even in the express pass line.

mmmixon

Original Poster
Thanks so much!!! That is a great help! I am so out of my element with the change to Uni! I have our Disney stuff down to a science so this is really helpful!!

JillC LI

What @MichWolv said. We bought our tix separately too and never showed them before getting the express pass at the kiosk in the lobby of the hotel.

Might I also recommend that if you are interested in Olivanders Wand Shop Show, you hit that first thing when WWOHP open - even before FJ. We were the first show in, and DD got chosen to be part ofthe show. (Of course that meant we HAD to buy the wand that chose her afterwards! lol)

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
What @MichWolv said. We bought our tix separately too and never showed them before getting the express pass at the kiosk in the lobby of the hotel.

Might I also recommend that if you are interested in Olivanders Wand Shop Show, you hit that first thing when WWOHP open - even before FJ. We were the first show in, and DD got chosen to be part ofthe show. (Of course that meant we HAD to buy the wand that chose her afterwards! lol)
:hilarious::hilarious: Same thing happened to us. We went to Ollivanders first thing and my son was chosen. The wand looks pretty on a shelf in his room.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Thanks so much!!! That is a great help! I am so out of my element with the change to Uni! I have our Disney stuff down to a science so this is really helpful!!
Same with us. We decided last year to take a another year off of WDW (we've been to Disneyland 4 times in the two years we haven't been to WDW) and get Uni annual passes instead, figuring we'd use them a few times during the year since my parents live in Florida. So we're becoming sort-of Uni experts.

KingdomofDreams

Hi everyone,
Please excuse me if this is posted somewhere else, but we are going to Uni for the first time as we are typical disney goers! Anyway, if I book hotel (prob Royal Pacific) separate from buying park tx do I still recieve the express pass with the hotel? I typically by our disney tx through Undercover Tourist depending on the discount in upcoming newsletter. However, now I am concerned that the unlimited express pass does not come with hotel stay unless I book tx at the same time. Can anyone clarify this for me? Also any other newbie advice would be great. Been scouring boards and everyone has some great insight. We are traveling in July (I know its going to be hot but only time I could get off work!) and we are taking our 10 yr old son and 8 yr old daughter.
Thanks in advance!
Melanie:)

I'm not a Uni "expert" but we have gone numerous times and we always stay onsite. The Express Pass is worth it's weight in gold, especially during the summer when it's very hot and very crowded! It is included in your resort stay, regardless of where you purchase your park tickets.

One thing you might consider is getting one Annual Pass for yourself or someone in your family. We are going at the end of July and currently there is an APH rate at the Portofino Bay resort for $254 per night for a bay view room. If you purchase one Preferred AP, you could potentially take advantage of that APH room rate, get a percentage off the rest of the family's 2 Day park to park tickets, and get 10% discount at many of the restaurants at both parks and City Walk. Depending on how many nights you plan to stay, it could be very cost effective.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom