Park hopping

ajkirby

Original Poster
Hello all.

My partner and I are going for one day to Disneyland Paris (as part of a 5 day Paris trip) in October half term. The attractions we would like to experience are
Walt Disney Studios park: ToT, RnR, Ratatouille, Crush and the new show.
Disneyland Park - Peter Pan, Space Mountain, Buzz, Snow White, Pinocchio, Alice maze, It's a small world, pirates and haunted mansion.

Whilst starting at the studios makes sense (as Crush doesn't have fastpass and would get mega waits otherwise!) I'm just worried that by the time we'd get to the Disneyland park the fastpasses would be gone for peter pan and we'd have to queue for an extraordinary amount of time!

Would it be better to start at Disneyland park, get a few rides done there then head over to the studios before returning to main park later? Can you even do this?

fosse76

Are you going on a weekend or weekday? I went last September, and on the Sunday I went it was pretty crowded. Even so, I did get a FastPass for Peter Pan, but honestly couldn't tell you at what time. I do recall going to Disneyland Park first and ending the day at the Studios, and Peter Pan had run out of FPs at some point before I left.

I went again the following Tuesday and it was empty. On the Tuesday, I didn't get there until about 2pm. Spent 2 hours in the Studios and finished off at Disneyland Park. I rode everything that was open at both parks. I would think that the same would be true in October, but maybe someone with more experience would be able to tell you for certain.

If Peter Pan is really that important (if I recall, it's pretty much a clone of the Anaheim version) and you are going on a weekend, then definitely start at Disneyland Park. If you visit on a weekday, it would probably be fine for you to visit Disneyland Park in the morning, head over to the Studios for a few hours, and then finish off again at Disneyland Park. It should be completely doable.

JillC LI

Yes you can do it, but the line for Crush is likely to outweigh the line for PP if there are no FPs left for PP. I'd start at the Studios first. We did all the rides you named and then some last summer in one day by starting at the Studios then heading to the Parc, with the exception of PP which we didn't really care about because we've ridden it many times at WDW. I'd add Animagique in the Studios and a visit to the dragon's lair below the Castle in the Parc. Oh, and we returned to the Studios at the end of the day to do TOT when the line was shorter than the morning.

BrerJon

Hello all.

My partner and I are going for one day to Disneyland Paris (as part of a 5 day Paris trip) in October half term. The attractions we would like to experience are
Disneyland Park - Peter Pan, Space Mountain, Buzz, Snow White, Pinocchio, Alice maze, It's a small world, pirates and haunted mansion.

The plan to start at Studios is a good one because of Crush, which always has a long line from the start, and I'd suggest using Single Rider as even early in the morning the lines get long, but for the show I'd suggest Cinemagique, not Animagique's replacement, as Cinemagique is much more unique, and has some real Disney attraction touches, whereas the other show is just a stage/puppet show.

cdd89

Are you staying on site? If not, are you willing to throw money at the problem by purchasing "unnecessary" Fantasy annual passports? Either method will get you access to Extra Magic Hours at Disneyland. Arriving at 8 will allow you to knock of all of Discoveryland and Fantasyland with very low wait times, and then cross over to the studios to focus on Crush and the rides there.

Failing that, the advice here is correct. Another strategy is to do Crush at the very end of the day. The line will be longer than at the start, though!

RMichael21

Hello all.

Whilst starting at the studios makes sense (as Crush doesn't have fastpass and would get mega waits otherwise!) I'm just worried that by the time we'd get to the Disneyland park the fastpasses would be gone for peter pan and we'd have to queue for an extraordinary amount of time!

Would it be better to start at Disneyland park, get a few rides done there then head over to the studios before returning to main park later? Can you even do this?
Park hopping is very manageable. We were there mid-July last year and were able to see everything we wanted (and more) within one day at the two parks. We started at the studios, where I went to Ratatouille to grab a FP while my family went to Crush's Coaster to wait until official park opening. Word of advice, DON'T DO THIS. :p I had to wait until official park opinion to grab my fastness, but guests were allowed into Crush's Coaster before opening, therefore making our wait for Crush much longer than it needed to be. We then road Tower of Terror (essentially the same as at Disneyland) and Rockin' Roller Coaster. Then went over to Disneyland.

I'd recommend adding Big Thunder Mountain to your list of must dos! The experience is quite different than WDW/DL's and it's truly fun! Also, you can't miss Disney Dreams! It was fantastic!

Hope that helps!

jrlbc06

All good advice. Are you going on a weekday or weekend? I went on a weekday in October and pretty much walked onto everything except Crush.

We did early entry at Disneyland and did Discovery and Fantasyland. Then crossed over to Studios for opening and did Crush and Ratatouille and everything else over there. Then back over to Disneyland by 12 or 1 PM and finished out the day over there. Got to go on everything! I also second the recommendation for Big Thunder Mountain. Truly a different experience than the stateside rides and alot of fun!

Den Carter

They open the gates to WDS between 15-30 mins before park opening, meaning the Crush queue starts to form then. If you can be at the front of the park gates and into the park as soon as they open them, it's not a bad thing at all.

Note you won't be queuing in the 'official' Crush wait area. You'll actually be queueing to join the queue, which won't open 'til the park opening time. Therefore wait time info at the front of the ride and on the app won't be accurate at this point. If your spot is parallel to the Animagique theatre (which will have become the Mickey And The Magician venue by then), once park opening comes you'll be on the ride within 20 mins. If you're parallel to Art of Animation expect 45 mins, or if you're near the doors to Studio One you're looking at an hour. But add to this the time you spent waiting at the park gates (say 10-15 mins), and waiting outside Crush 20-30 mins), and my resounding advice is not to bother. Even if you're right at the very front, you've still waited almost an hour, and you've missed out on my favourite part of a DLP trip - a walk down a quiet Main Street USA with the most beautiful Disney castle at the end.

My advice would be different if you have Extra Magic Hours at Disneyland Parc, as you'll be able to easily tick off Main Street, Space and PP first thing and then head to WDS for opening.

Crush wait times can reach two hours - more on weekends - but it fluctuates a lot. If you keep an eye on wait times you can get lucky and whizz over there.

Assuming you DON'T have EMH, I'd consider something like:

Start at Disneyland Parc, walk down Main Street, straight through the castle to Fantasyland, grab a PP Fastpass, and maybe squeeze in Space or IASW if the wait times are low, then stroll over to WDS, grab a Fastpass for Ratatouille, and maybe jump on ToT then. ToT's wait times are usually low for the first hour or so as everyone is either waiting for Crush or Ratatouille. You can then spend the rest of the day park hopping and getting more Fastpasses as you go. (Remember you can hold a Fastpass in both parks at any one time, and your Fastpass in each park will tell you the time you can get another in that park).

Hopping at DLP is so easy as the park gates are metres from each other.

I'd recommend adding Big Thunder Mountain to your list of must dos! The experience is quite different than WDW/DL's and it's truly fun! Also, you can't miss Disney Dreams!

BTM is closed when you visit, sadly. It is BRILLIANT at DLP :-(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom