Park Hopper Question

ToddWuest03

Here's the scenario... Only going to Disney for 2 days. Planning on visiting the Magic Kingdom on day 1 and starting with Animal Kingdom on day 2 with a possibility of visiting Epcot for a while on day 2 as well depending on how long we decide to spend at Animal Kingdom.

Know I can hop parks with the 2 day hopper but wondering if I can just buy a 2 day base ticket and play it by ear on day 2 and if I see we get through AK quickly, go ahead and add the park hopper on day 2 so we can visit Epcot that evening.

If this is possible, is the cost of the hopper discounted/pro-rated at all since I would only be adding it for day 2 of my 2 day base ticket?

Thanks in advance for your help!

DisneyJill

you also have to have entitlements left on your ticket to add or upgrade, so if you've used day 2, you can't upgrade it, you would have to do it only after using day 1.

Upvote 0

Rob562

you also have to have entitlements left on your ticket to add or upgrade, so if you've used day 2, you can't upgrade it, you would have to do it only after using day 1.

Actually, you can still do *while* your last day is still being used. It's the times *after* your last day has ended (even if it's still within the 14-days-from-first-use window) that the ticket can no longer be upgraded.

So the OP will still be able to add Park Hopper in the middle of their Day 2. But if they woke up the morning after Day 2, they could not decide to add a Day 3 at that point.

-Rob

Upvote 0

DisneyJill

Actually, you can still do *while* your last day is still being used. It's the times *after* your last day has ended (even if it's still within the 14-days-from-first-use window) that the ticket can no longer be upgraded.

So the OP will still be able to add Park Hopper in the middle of their Day 2. But if they woke up the morning after Day 2, they could not decide to add a Day 3 at that point.

-Rob

ahh. you are correct, sir. i interpreted it as, once you've walked into the park, that entitlement is "used" not "in use." ;)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom