Parent/Child swap

bow0303

Original Poster
Can someone explain how this works. I read a little about this but still unsure of how it works.

melmood2000

I have never used this so I'm unsure on the exact details about where the cast members have you wait, but what you do is your whole party with the child wait in line, when you get to the front of the line you tell the cast member that you want to do the child swap. Adult number 1 rides the ride, Adult number 2 waits with the child till adult number 1 is finished riding, then Adult number 1 takes the child and Adult number 2 gets to ride. I'm sure that there are other people on this Forum that have actually used this and can tell you more details, you might want to try posting on the Planning forum there is a WDW with Kids thread. Good Luck.

I found this link that explains it all.
http://family.go.com/community/groups/you-me-and-disney-grp/child-rider-swap-14714/

JimJam

Almost. What You Do Is Parent 1 goes in and asks for a swap pass. then parent 1 waits in normal line and rides and when they get off, they take the child and parent 2 uses the swap pass to go into the fastpass line. I use it alot and its a big help.

tjnpd116

Also once you get the pass, it is good for one time any time of that day, and you can use it for yourself and up to three other guest.

R W B

Almost. What You Do Is Parent 1 goes in and asks for a swap pass. then parent 1 waits in normal line and rides and when they get off, they take the child and parent 2 uses the swap pass to go into the fastpass line. I use it alot and its a big help.
Maybe I'm confused and not understanding but in your explanation, the child never gets to ride, lol????

I was under the impression the parents got the swap pass and then Parent 1 waited in normal line with the child and rode the ride and when they got off the ride parent 2 then took the child in the fastpass line and rode with the child also?

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Maybe I'm confused and not understanding but in your explanation, the child never gets to ride, lol????

I was under the impression the parents got the swap pass and then Parent 1 waited in normal line with the child and rode the ride and when they got off the ride parent 2 then took the child in the fastpass line and rode with the child also?

Child/Baby swap is used for when the child does not meet the height requirements of a ride. This is when the swapping/pass comes in to play otherwise they would just ride it all together.

Pam

R W B

Child/Baby swap is used for when the child does not meet the height requirements of a ride. This is when the swapping/pass comes in to play otherwise they would just ride it all together.

Pam
Thanks! That does make alot more sense then when others have explained it to me. I've always wondered why they needed it if the parents and child could all ride and why they couldnt ride all at once. Now I know I was given bad information.

bow0303

Original Poster
Great, thanks for the help. We'll have our two boys 6 & 3. I know the 3yr old wont be tall enough for some rides, but my oldest, wife and myself will want to ride a few. So it seems that my 6yr old will get to ride multiple times with this?

sublimesting

That would be pointless and boring if you had to split up your party for no reason. Good thing you clarified...you could have had a very bizarre Disney trip.

CaptainShortty

Here's how it works....

The party goes up to the designated ride and explains to the CM that they would like to do a child/rider swap. Parent 1 and the rest of the party rides the ride while parent 2 gets a ticket similar to a fastpass ticket from the CM and waits with the child off the ride. When the party gets off the ride, parent 1 tells parent 2 if they think the child is ok to ride (if that was ever in question). If the child can ride, parent 2 and child take the ticket to the CM at the front of the line and ride via the fastpass queue. If the child is not riding then Parent 1 takes the child and parent 2 rides alone via the fastpass queue.

Does that make sense?

DisDadEddie

My daughter really benefits from parent swap.Since my son is only 2 and can't go on some rides my daughter gets to ride everything twice, once with me and then with my wife. Another reason she should appreciate her little brother.

bethymouse

My husband and I used the baby swap passes when the boys were 3 for BTMRR and Splash Mountain. The Splash Mountain little play area is nice.:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom