Paradise Pier club level daybeds

GiveMeTheMusic

What are the prices of the off site hotels? Seems odd the suggested option is stay offsite at $150/night (I'm guessing) or upgrade to $512/night to stay at the DLH. That kind of price jump stinks.

DLR can charge what they do for their hotels because of limited supply and very high demand. That does not mean that the hotels even approach being worth the price point (spoiler alert: they don't). DLH and GCH are nice, but they're not $500-$600/night nice.

I don't know your travel dates, but you can get an idea of off-site rates by plugging them into any travel site (Orbitz, Expedia, etc.).

007mickey

Original Poster
DLR can charge what they do for their hotels because of limited supply and very high demand. That does not mean that the hotels even approach being worth the price point (spoiler alert: they don't). DLH and GCH are nice, but they're not $500-$600/night nice.

My mistake, I thought you were implying in your earlier post if you couldn't make DLH work within our budget, stay off site. We are looking around at options but initially wanted to get some information regarding room arrangements at PP.

Curious Constance

I can see doing that if you walked fast. It's just crossing Disneyland Drive and then hike through the GCH to the DCA entrance. I bet I could do it in five to ten minutes. It was easier when the PP DCA entrance was open behind Corn Dog Castle but that has been gone for ten or more years.

You can't do this anymore though, right? No more going through GCH unless you're staying there or eating there, I think.

I stayed at PP about ten years ago. We went in late September, so the slow season. We were upgraded for free to a theme park view room. I don't remember any elevator problems, but again, it was the slow season back when those really existed. We really liked the hotel room, and our experience was positive. We loved the PCH Grill for breakfast. I'm always surprised by all the hate for PP, but with the way the rates have sky rocketed, I doubt I'd pay that again, and it could have changed quite a bit in ten years. It's a closer walk to stay across the street on Harbor and paying about a third of the price, so that's what I choose to do.

Phroobar

As of last october I wondered around the resort looking for pressed penny machines. I remember walking from DTD to PP hotel and then crossing the street and entering GCH and using the exclusive entrance to DCA without being a guest. You probably can't do that now with the Gates of Doom setup and the Resort lockdown going on.

drizgirl

As of last october I wondered around the resort looking for pressed penny machines. I remember walking from DTD to PP hotel and then crossing the street and entering GCH and using the exclusive entrance to DCA without being a guest. You probably can't do that now with the Gates of Doom setup and the Resort lockdown going on.

That's correct. It changed in December.

Phroobar

I guess PP Hotel guests are kind of screwed now. They have to walk all the way up Disneyland Drive and enter DTD by the theaters. Then hop the monorail or keep walking all the way to main DCA gates. They really need to make a better way to get those people into the parks especially if they add another hotel right next to it or on the other side of DTD.

D

Deleted member 107043

You can't do this anymore though, right? No more going through GCH unless you're staying there or eating there, I think.

I stayed at PP about ten years ago. We went in late September, so the slow season. We were upgraded for free to a theme park view room. I don't remember any elevator problems, but again, it was the slow season back when those really existed. We really liked the hotel room, and our experience was positive. We loved the PCH Grill for breakfast. I'm always surprised by all the hate for PP, but with the way the rates have sky rocketed, I doubt I'd pay that again, and it could have changed quite a bit in ten years. It's a closer walk to stay across the street on Harbor and paying about a third of the price, so that's what I choose to do.

PP is perfectly fine for $150-$300. There are currently rates available on Saturday at The Anaheim Marriott for $237, and having stayed there I can affirm that it's a superior property. Of course the drawback is that it's farther away, and completely devoid of Disney "magic", but the walk isn't that bad and a Lyft is around 7 bucks, which still makes it a better value than PP.

Curious Constance

PP is perfectly fine for $150-$300. There are currently rates available on Saturday at The Anaheim Marriott for $237, and having stayed there I can affirm that it's a superior property. Of course the drawback is that it's farther away, and completely devoid of Disney "magic", but the walk isn't that bad and a Lyft is around 7 bucks, which still makes it a better value than PP.
Yeah, at the time we stayed there it was probably around $1000 for five nights which I didn't think was too bad. But I'd never pay what they are charging now. The only way I'd pay that kind of money is for a big payoff like extreme closeness to the parks or extreme luxury. PP is neither of those.

Tinkerfan4ever

How were you able to walk to DCA's entrance in 5 minutes?
The stairs that I mentioned... they put us almost right at the cross walk. So we crossed the street, walked into the Grand and then went right the private DCA entrance. The only time it took longer than 5 minutes was if we had to wait a while for traffic to cross the street. We also entered Downtown Disney thru the Grand. We had 2 kids in tow and we aren't super fast walkers... I would have to say this was one of the best perks of being on site.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom