Pandora Spoiler Thread

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Agreed. NRJ is one of the best themed dark rides I have personally experienced. Those who are criticizing it for lack if narration or consider it lame clearly do not understand the intentions of the attraction.

It is well themed, but that doesn't make it a good ride.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
It is well themed, but that doesn't make it a good ride.

Depends what you want from a ride. There are those who only do the thrill rides and after they hit the six or seven of them, rage that there's nothing else to do.

Think of all the people who think IaSW is a form of torture...

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Depends what you want from a ride. There are those who only do the thrill rides and after they hit the six or seven of them, rage that there's nothing else to do.

Think of all the people who think IaSW is a form of torture...

I even enjoy Dumbo, and I don't hate IaSW (though I do think it gets repetitive and boring), but I didn't like Na'vi River Journey and rank it below IaSW.

Tom Morrow

I'm gonna have to disagree that NRJ is better than IASW, although I did enjoy it and think it's a solid C ticket with good tech.

NRJ suffers from several things:
- low capacity
- short length (I'm aware that it's ~5 minutes, but the actual track is not very long)
- lack of distinction or progression between scenes
- only two? physical characters / creatures

I won't knock it for not having a story, but it kind of just feels like one extended show scene. IASW has high capacity, a lot of distinct things to look at, and every room or scene is a different theme/location. First time riders can have fun looking at the details in each scene to determine what region it is.

There are really only two components to NRJ: pretty lights, and an impressive animatronic. Nothing else at all is distinctive or memorable.

Last edited:

Bairstow

Supposedly as a new character. Not sure how that's going to work.

Worked for Bishop.
latest

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I spoke to a trainer casually member waiting to ride and she said there was one, albeit a BIG one. She started going into detail, which quite honestly, was not something I was dying to hear about prior to riding.
Thanks. Here's hoping it wasn't the canteen food -- I've actually heard good things about that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom