Pandora Spoiler Thread

mergatroid

Agreed, but hopefully at least ride through videos (when they come out) or any live entertainment or interactive effects will get posted here.

Not having a go but to be honest if you see a youtube video of the ride you pretty much know what you're going to see before you play it.

doctornick

Not having a go but to be honest if you see a youtube video of the ride you pretty much know what you're going to see before you play it.

While that's likely true, you inevitably will have people respond to such videos by talking about specifics that are involved. It would be best to keep such discussions to one (or certain threads) to make it easier for those trying to avoid spoilers.

mergatroid

While that's likely true, you inevitably will have people respond to such videos by talking about specifics that are involved. It would be best to keep such discussions to one (or certain threads) to make it easier for those trying to avoid spoilers.

Well yes that's true I guess. I do however feel that if you go onto a forum specifically designed for that particular land, after it's opened, that if you think it's not going to contain information about it you're being a bit foolish :)

doctornick

Well yes that's true I guess. I do however feel that if you go onto a forum specifically designed for that particular land, after it's opened, that if you think it's not going to contain information about it you're being a bit foolish :)

Sure, there's an element of "enter a your own risk". But I think there's some practical reasons to have threads with spoilers and others without.

For me personally, we'll be going to WDW and DAK later in the summer. Despite following the build closely and having a good sense of what to expect, I'd kind of like to have some surprises and want to avoid spoilers if I can. However, I'm also the trip planner for the family and we don't have unlimited time to visit, so I'm sure I'll visit this forum once the land opens in order to get info/advise on visiting the land.

There's a difference between stuff like "walk to the path on the right and use your magic band and you'll see a neat treat that you don't want to miss" versus "walk to the path on the right and use your magic band and this creature <with picture> attacks you". I'm kind of curious, for example, how much you miss in the ride queues using FP+ versus standby and whether that should affect touring. I'd love to have some advise on "can't miss" stuff at night versus the day, etc.

Now, whether info should be more "put spoilers in threads A & B" or "This thread is spoiler-free" can be something that can evolve, but there certainly can and should be some differentiation that can occur to accommodate all posters.

mergatroid

Sure, there's an element of "enter a your own risk". But I think there's some practical reasons to have threads with spoilers and others without.

For me personally, we'll be going to WDW and DAK later in the summer. Despite following the build closely and having a good sense of what to expect, I'd kind of like to have some surprises and want to avoid spoilers if I can. However, I'm also the trip planner for the family and we don't have unlimited time to visit, so I'm sure I'll visit this forum once the land opens in order to get info/advise on visiting the land.

There's a difference between stuff like "walk to the path on the right and use your magic band and you'll see a neat treat that you don't want to miss" versus "walk to the path on the right and use your magic band and this creature <with picture> attacks you". I'm kind of curious, for example, how much you miss in the ride queues using FP+ versus standby and whether that should affect touring. I'd love to have some advise on "can't miss" stuff at night versus the day, etc.

Now, whether info should be more "put spoilers in threads A & B" or "This thread is spoiler-free" can be something that can evolve, but there certainly can and should be some differentiation that can occur to accommodate all posters.

Fair enough, might be hard 'policing' but we could give it a whirl.

Cosmic Commando

It will be hard either way (everyone will have a different level of what they consider "spoilers"), but this thread is backwards. You should assume as much info as possible in this forum unless it's marked "spoiler-free". I'm all for having a place for people who don't want spoilers, but it should be in its own dedicated thread(s). The main thread is called "Avatar Land - the specifics"... it seems to follow naturally that when a lot of "specifics" are revealed, such as during previews, they would be discussed freely there. "Avatar Land - the specifics NO SPOILERS!" is right next to the Dept. of Redundancy Department in WDWMagic headquarters.

mergatroid

It will be hard either way (everyone will have a different level of what they consider "spoilers"), but this thread is backwards. You should assume as much info as possible in this forum unless it's marked "spoiler-free". I'm all for having a place for people who don't want spoilers, but it should be in its own dedicated thread(s). The main thread is called "Avatar Land - the specifics"... it seems to follow naturally that when a lot of "specifics" are revealed, such as during previews, they would be discussed freely there. "Avatar Land - the specifics NO SPOILERS!" is right next to the Dept. of Redundancy Department in WDWMagic headquarters.

That's my thinking too though I can see what he or she was trying to do.

Daveeeeed

Maybe the thread should change from "spoiler" to "spoiler-free thread". That would be much easier and much more realistic.

The Spoiler thread is a wonderful idea and I'll certainly use it, but the more I think about it the more beneficial I think a specifically "spoiler-free" thread would work. It also clearly states the rules for the thread itself, rather than assuming everything will be converted to happening here. Construction & Avatar specifics is obviously going to contain spoilers, but again this could be free of that instead.

beachlover4444

Agreed, but hopefully at least ride through videos (when they come out) or any live entertainment or interactive effects will get posted here.
i for one am a little unhappy this huge new land only has 2 attractions. but yippee they have drinks and food and shops. disney needs to make sure each "land" has 2 kid rides, 2 family rides and 1 e ticket ride for the older dare devils. i can only stand in line for so many characters and i dont want to pay 100 bucks a day to see characters every time i come down twice a year. i want to ride something. i dont blow money on junk and overpriced food and pretty drinks. if the lines werent so darn long you could do some of the parks in half a day because there arent any enough attractions anymore. thats why everyone does magic kingdom. it has the most rides so you feel like you get the bang for the buck. if there were more rides at epcot more people would go there.

PurpleDragon

i for one am a little unhappy this huge new land only has 2 attractions. but yippee they have drinks and food and shops. disney needs to make sure each "land" has 2 kid rides, 2 family rides and 1 e ticket ride for the older dare devils. i can only stand in line for so many characters and i dont want to pay 100 bucks a day to see characters every time i come down twice a year. i want to ride something. i dont blow money on junk and overpriced food and pretty drinks. if the lines werent so darn long you could do some of the parks in half a day because there arent any enough attractions anymore. thats why everyone does magic kingdom. it has the most rides so you feel like you get the bang for the buck. if there were more rides at epcot more people would go there.

That's pretty standard for new lands/parks/etc... They usually have all the themeing, shops, etc.. done first and maybe 1 or 2 rides. When Hollywood Studios opened (Then called MGM Studios) it only had 2 rides open and a few shows, it took quite a while before more rides were added. You can't expect them to have all planned rides and attractions ready on day one, because then it would take 2 to 3 times longer to have the area ready for guests.

Give the area time, I'm sure by the time the 2nd and 3rd movies are released, there may be another attraction in the pipelines for this area.

Incomudro

You want 5 rides out of one movie?

djdan888

Is there room for future attractions in this land in the future or is 2 it?

Also, for those that are able to preview starting early next month, anyone know if they will allow pictures or videos or will they restrict those?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Is there room for future attractions in this land in the future or is 2 it?

Also, for those that are able to preview starting early next month, anyone know if they will allow pictures or videos or will they restrict those?

If expansion was to happen I would think the area in read would be the most likely. The area in blue is also possible since this will all be employee parking, so they would have to move that and would have to do something to hide the side of the FoP show building.

upload_2017-4-26_17-0-45.png

PJBuckeye

In the Parks
Yes
If expansion was to happen I would think the area in read would be the most likely. The area in blue is also possible since this will all be employee parking, so they would have to move that and would have to do something to hide the side of the FoP show building.

View attachment 201516

Well, leave that red circle for a Lion King dark ride and lion habitat. But please, build the most mind blowing Avatar ride in the blue circle.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom