Pandora planning question

Minnie1986

Hey guys. Need a quick opinion. would it be wiser to do Avatar (last September trip) on a Thursday when, theoretically, the park may be less crowded or on a Saturday with Extra Magic Hours from 8-9 am? I’ll also be there during a free dining week, so that’s something to consider as well. Thank you!!

Tyaloo

According to wdw prep school, Pandora is NOT open for morning EMH's - if that helps your plan :) - I know it definitely changed my plan for the day!

I could be wrong - I've only read it on that site (wdw prep school).

Upvote 0

Minnie1986

Original Poster
According to wdw prep school, Pandora is NOT open for morning EMH's - if that helps your plan :) - I know it definitely changed my plan for the day!

I could be wrong - I've only read it on that site (wdw prep school).
Thanks for the heads up! Do you think it would be smarter to try on a Thursday or a Saturday?

Upvote 0

Tyaloo

Well, if you're going in September, typically the crowds are down that month (you know, a bit lol) - and maybe the locals come around more on weekends, so yes - I would probably choose Thursday :).

I was thinking (because we're planning AK on a morning EMH this year too) that we'd get a FP for FOP for the afternoon. We could go see other areas of the park in the morning, and then see Pandora after lunch. I know it'll be crowded BUT I don't want to spend my first precious EMH hour standing in line to get into Pandora lol!

Upvote 0

becca_

I would say Thursday just because I feel like weekends tend to be more crowded. If possible, rope drop 1 attraction and get a FP for the other if that's what you want to do there.

Upvote 0

Minnie1986

Original Poster
Well, if you're going in September, typically the crowds are down that month (you know, a bit lol) - and maybe the locals come around more on weekends, so yes - I would probably choose Thursday :).

I was thinking (because we're planning AK on a morning EMH this year too) that we'd get a FP for FOP for the afternoon. We could go see other areas of the park in the morning, and then see Pandora after lunch. I know it'll be crowded BUT I don't want to spend my first precious EMH hour standing in line to get into Pandora lol!
Excellent point. Thank you!

Upvote 0

becca_

How soon before rope drop would you recommend getting to AK?
Park opened at 8 on the schedule but they started to let people in at 7, but we got there about 7:35-7:40 and walked right on RJ. Just depends on the time of year/crowd anticipation. 30 minutes should be good enough!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom