Pandora - NO SPOILERS - Hints/Clues OK

beertiki

Original Poster
My family be there June 1st at rope drop, FP for the river at 9am. I want to be able to explore and find unexpected surprises, but do not want to miss something important. This thread is for clues, hints, and other information for first time visitors to find the hidden magic that might go unnoticed.

No pictures please and let's not make the clues too revealing.

twebber55

My family be there June 1st at rope drop, FP for the river at 9am. I want to be able to explore and find unexpected surprises, but do not want to miss something important. This thread is for clues, hints, and other information for first time visitors to find the hidden magic that might go unnoticed.

No pictures please and let's not make the clues too revealing.
i did read on another board (OU) that food was good, themeing cool in the QS and the highlight was the blueberry cheesecake

No Name

I'll start with the already-known basics and go from there. You may very well know much of this, and I apologize if I'm stating obvious things, but, better safe than sorry.

------

Two rides. There may not be very obvious attraction signage, so don't miss either!
Na'vi River Journey is a short boat ride.
Flight of Passage is a simulator. More intense than Soarin', but not that that should scare you away, unless you have back problems, are pregnant, etc.

Places of food/drink:
Satu'li Canteen is a quick-service place. It will employ a new thing, mobile ordering.
Pongu Pongu is a quick-service beverage stand. It'll sell refreshments, some of which are quite unique.

Joe Rohde has said that there's one spot in Pandora where magic bands will be used in a very "intimate" way. Don't know where it is or what it entails, but you might want to check it out!

------

I'll edit this if I know anything else of value... or not of value.

beertiki

Original Poster
What I am hoping for would be suggestions like telling someone to take those stairs up to the noodle place in Japan, without saying what they will find. (One of my favorite spots) I just have this feeling that touching plants or trees with a magicband will make things happen.

Daveeeeed

What I am hoping for would be suggestions like telling someone to take those stairs up to the noodle place in Japan, without saying what they will find. (One of my favorite spots) I just have this feeling that touching plants or trees with a magicband will make things happen.
I've been going to Pandora for years now and I can tell you there is no noodle place:).

disney4life2008

I'll start with the already-known basics and go from there. You may very well know much of this, and I apologize if I'm stating obvious things, but, better safe than sorry.

------

Two rides. There may not be very obvious attraction signage, so don't miss either!
Na'vi River Journey is a short boat ride.
Flight of Passage is a simulator. More intense than Soarin', but not that that should scare you away, unless you have back problems, are pregnant, etc.

Places of food/drink:
Satu'li Canteen is a quick-service place. It will employ a new thing, mobile ordering.
Pongu Pongu is a quick-service beverage stand. It'll sell refreshments, some of which are quite unique.

Joe Rohde has said that there's one spot in Pandora where magic bands will be used in a very "intimate" way. Don't know where it is or what it entails, but you might want to check it out!

------

I'll edit this if I know anything else of value... or not of value.

50 years to open 2 rides lol

Daveeeeed

Pandora was announced September 20,2011.
Doesn't really matter. They could have theoretically announced it at D23 2015. It's beyond unfair to compare this new land's announcement to completion time when the context is construction.
Well, a bit over 3 years actually. FOTLK/CMM closed in January 2014 and was torn down shortly thereafter. So, at it's longest we would be talking about 40 months of construction, which isn't anything unreasonable for an ambitious theme park land.
Correct, but from initial build to completion it will end up taking less than 3 years, which like you said, is not bad at all... based on Disney's history this century.

disney4life2008

Well, a bit over 3 years actually. FOTLK/CMM closed in January 2014 and was torn down shortly thereafter. So, at it's longest we would be talking about 40 months of construction, which isn't anything unreasonable for an ambitious theme park land.

Doesn't really matter. They could have theoretically announced it at D23 2015. It's beyond unfair to compare this new land's announcement to completion time when the context is construction.

Correct, but from initial build to completion it will end up taking less than 3 years, which like you said, is not bad at all... based on Disney's history this century.

For 2 rides. Ok lol

doctornick

For 2 rides. Ok lol

What does the number of rides have to do with construction time? It could have been 10 rides and it would have still bee a similar timeframe. It's not like they would have waited until one ride was done before starting another; all the construction is done in parallel.

Regardless, I would imagine the difficult (and time consuming) part of this land wasn't so much the rides at all, but the complex scenery/rockwork.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom