Pandora nighttime emh

tired_photog

it appears they've also added 10:30pm performances of ROL those evenings as well. More good news for those of us who will be standing in line in Pandora all evening.

Sundown

Was there last week. The ride times for FOP and NRJ don't really decrease much at all during the evening 11PM-1AM Extra Magic Hours. So if riding those are your goal, it won't happen quickly. If you want to walk around the land and soak it in...that can be done. But I'd argue you can do this earlier in the evening and wonder for plenty of time. You don't really need the extra two hours for this. Now if you want to ride Everest or Dinosaur with almost no wait times, then evening EMH is for you.

tired_photog

Was there last week. The ride times for FOP and NRJ don't really decrease much at all during the evening 11PM-1AM Extra Magic Hours. So if riding those are your goal, it won't happen quickly. If you want to walk around the land and soak it in...that can be done. But I'd argue you can do this earlier in the evening and wonder for plenty of time. You don't really need the extra two hours for this. Now if you want to ride Everest or Dinosaur with almost no wait times, then evening EMH is for you.
I've got an 8pm FP for FOP. My plan is to jump in line for NRJ immediately after and hopefully still be able to catch ROL at 10:30
Couldn't do all that without EMH.

BrianLo

I think the best strategy is to rope drop. 7:15 at the front gate is your absolute cut off time before every minute you are later likely is equivalent to a 5 minute wait increase. Ideally closer to 7, but sub 7 is total overkill - I was in the second or third ride cycle I think at 710 arrival. AP's are totally fine to aim for 7:15 with their own line, the entire AP line was in before I was.

Gates open around 7:15-7:20. You'll be walked back to the entrance, held by the giant plant (pro tip just go to the right of the spitting plant to get a bit ahead unless you are literally at the front of the pack). If you don't do it everyone else will and cut in. We were walked through the entire queue around 7:40, I think I started preshows at 7:55 ish and was out front by 8:15. You are not going to get an all-in experience under an hour any way other than FP (missing the queue). Since they pleasantly let us in way earlier to the park and the ride than I was expecting it felt like everything went quick without having to wait at any one point more than 10min.

I was out by 8:20, wandered over to NRJ which was a 15 min wait. Was 40 min by 8:30 so your second bonus of arriving before 7:15 is you'll get on NRJ fairly easily too.

Option number two is mid afternoon 2-4ish watch the app for a 60-75 min wait. Option three would be to head over to the land before the second showing of rivers of lights lets out. Option 1/3 will yield the best NRJ wait times. With FP persistence in park you can likely secure NRJ. I highly recommend against riding it >20 min there are so many opportunities to avoid doing so.

Do not get in line basically any other time, especially if you are late for rope drop and people are already in the park. Go enjoy other attractions instead. For the sake of those going multiple days I'd recommend one rope drop day and one late arrival EMH day.

Last edited:

Mark P.

Now if you want to ride Everest or Dinosaur with almost no wait times, then evening EMH is for you.

But isn't evening EMH at AK only in Pandora anyway (i.e., Everest and Dinosaur, as well as the rest of DinoLand, Asia, and Africa, will be closed) for the time being? We're debating this same strategy ourselves, as I was able to get a FP+ for Na'vi after our anniversary dinner at Jiko, but are wondering whether it will be worth dealing with the crowds to "experience" the rest of Pandora after the rest of the park closes, or leave and head elsewhere for the rest of the evening.

Marlins1

Can't give my opinion on your question until my next trip in August but I do know you picked a great anniversary dinner spot in Jiko!

doctornick

But isn't evening EMH at AK only in Pandora anyway (i.e., Everest and Dinosaur, as well as the rest of DinoLand, Asia, and Africa, will be closed) for the time being?

Is this true? I know that was the original plan but I could have sworn that they opened up some of the other attractions for the nighttime EMH. Was that only for the busy period right after Pandora opened?

How about Awakenings or RoL? I thought they added on an extra RoL during nighttime EMH.

Mark P.

Is this true? I know that was the original plan but I could have sworn that they opened up some of the other attractions for the nighttime EMH. Was that only for the busy period right after Pandora opened?

How about Awakenings or RoL? I thought they added on an extra RoL during nighttime EMH.

According to https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/extra-magic-hours/:

"Guests staying at select Walt Disney World Resort hotels will also have the chance to enjoy "Extra" Extra Magic Hours available only for Pandora – The World of Avatar from 10:00 PM to midnight nightly through August 19, 2017. Other Disney’s Animal Kingdom park attractions and areas will not be available during these "Extra" Extra Magic Hours."

tired_photog

According to https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/extra-magic-hours/:

"Guests staying at select Walt Disney World Resort hotels will also have the chance to enjoy "Extra" Extra Magic Hours available only for Pandora – The World of Avatar from 10:00 PM to midnight nightly through August 19, 2017. Other Disney’s Animal Kingdom park attractions and areas will not be available during these "Extra" Extra Magic Hours."
But an extra performance of ROL has been added at 10:30pm.

gorillaball

Anyone have a guess as to Animal Kingdom hours Dec 20-25? I do realize they are already posted (7p 20-23 and 9p 24-25) but am guessing they get extended. I can't imagine they are open nightly until midnight now and would only be 7p come December.

El_Tomato

Does anyone know how the lines in Pandora work during EMH? Do they stay open until midnight, or do they close earlier when the line reaches its peak? (for example, 120 minutes or more means those who get in line around 10pm would get out of the ride at midnight - thus, the line would close soon after 10)

Disney-Trains

Just leaving Florida and twice I attended the late Rivers show and went over for Pandora EMH.

Fastpass is not needed to get into the 10:30 rivers, plenty of seating.

No one is scanned going into the land, so anyone can go to the land to look around at night after the second rivers.

The restaurant is open till 11:30 -ish with the full menu.

It's very peaceful to walk around and enjoy the atmosphere. Not overly crowded.

Both nights the boat ride became a walk on in the last 30 or so minutes of the park.

FOP had a 2 hour posted wait the first night I went, all the way up till closing. 45 minute wait the second night. Both nights I entered the line within 5-15 minutes of closing time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom